What a mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trog777

New User
Trog
It was bound to happen. I got carried away planeing some walnut...
yep max capacity of the sawdust drum had been reached well before I thought to check. About 2 feet up in the clearvue. I vent outside by running a chute down the wall to an opening at floor level. When I installed the chute, I wasn't smart enough to include provisions for opening it back up. Said provision is now the removal of an access panel via a few screws since undoubtedly it will happen again. Shop vac to clean out the chute, (decidedly not made easier by the noise reducing convoluted foam installed on the walls of the chute) leaf blower to scatter the shavings behind the shop that made it through the varmint screen... back in business.

Glad I didn't have a couple of Wynn filters to clean out.

eyekode

New User
Salem
It was bound to happen. I got carried away planeing some walnut...
yep max capacity of the sawdust drum had been reached well before I thought to check. About 2 feet up in the clearvue. I vent outside by running a chute down the wall to an opening at floor level. When I installed the chute, I wasn't smart enough to include provisions for opening it back up. Said provision is now the removal of an access panel via a few screws since undoubtedly it will happen again. Shop vac to clean out the chute, (decidedly not made easier by the noise reducing convoluted foam installed on the walls of the chute) leaf blower to scatter the shavings behind the shop that made it through the varmint screen... back in business.

Glad I didn't have a couple of Wynn filters to clean out.

I clogged up my single stage DC for the first time a couple weeks ago. Had to take the intake off and pull the shavings out the impeller. Also had to use a coat hanger to shake loose the rats nest on the outlet. Not fun! But at least you are not alone :)
Salem

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I overloaded mine with Red Cedar and it got into the filter. Cleaned it out the best I could but now my shop gets a Cedar air freshening everytime I use my DC. I guess it will go away eventually.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
Same thing happened to me but I have the two Wynn filters. Not fun to clean out. I think I got most of it with my air compressor and leaf blower. I wish there was a way to remove the pleated filter part so I could clean it better.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have done it three times on my Oneida, and it is MISERABLE to clean out of the filter.

Hence, why I am installing a full bin sensor. Bad part about that is, I am having to raise my cyclone up by six inches.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I guess we have all done that once. I learned to keep an eye on the clear flex tube between the cyclone and the drum. Clean up is never fun.

Red

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A molding head on a table saw will fill up a bin- FAST! I know. My cyclone has a plentium, to which are connected seven filter socks. Plentium was full and each sock had the "neatest little mound" of shavings in it. That is one reason I built my "Phil Thein" baffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors