Weekend Shop Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbromley

New User
Bromley
I finally got fed up with my shop being a mess and disorganized so this weekend I started down the path of getting it more permanently set up. I built a lumber rack to get all my scrap wood off of every horizontal surface in the shop. I plan to build a miter saw station below the lumber rack. I also put together a cyclone/vacuum/cleaning cart to help in keeping the shop clean. It holds all of the attachments for the vacuum as well as a broom and dustpan. Currently this is my dust collection system so it definitely makes it easier to wheel around and hook up to each tool as it is in use. Next up is to arrange the table saw, planer, and my new Laguna bandsaw :D together with a large outfeed/assembly table behind them all. Overall a pretty productive New Years weekend!

LumberRack1.jpg

VacuumCart1.jpg

VacuumCart2.jpg

-Bromley

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Bromley, How long have you had your Dust Deputy cart?

Have you had stability issues?

I bought a Ridgid shop vac that has a bigger motor with a very small tank. I planned on putting it above the Dust Deputy to shorten the vac to cyclone pipe. Unfortunately, that vac got commandeered by the boss and she’s using it around the house. I’ve also got two of the 16-gallon vacs so I may need to shoot for a cart like yours if I don’t get my little vac back.

attachment.php

This (from the Oneida site) is what I was originally shootings for.

Attachments

• 1A25346F-2143-48C4-8F82-0D767E88BD12.jpeg
    1A25346F-2143-48C4-8F82-0D767E88BD12.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 5E3C3FBD-BF5D-4FE1-BC11-8D55B9EC33B4.jpeg
    5E3C3FBD-BF5D-4FE1-BC11-8D55B9EC33B4.jpeg
    655.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I really like your "clean up" cart but have one question. When you need to empty the vacuum tub (the red one) how difficult is it to get everything out? Looks like a tight fit.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
From the pics it looks like the vacuum will just slide out. I don't see anything anchoring it down, might move around when on...

mbromley

New User
Bromley
Looking good! especially the VT sign on the wall!

Nice spot ;) Here it is in all its glory. It was a beer pong table that my roommate and I had made in college (bottle caps inlayed and covered in table top epoxy) and it was far to nice to just let it go to waste. This spot fits it perfectly.
VT.jpg

I really like your "clean up" cart but have one question. When you need to empty the vacuum tub (the red one) how difficult is it to get everything out? Looks like a tight fit.

As mentioned its not anchored down in there so just disconnecting the rubber hose coupling on the PVC to the cyclone allows me to slide the vacuum out. I've emptied the 5 gallon bucket a half dozen times or so and only a very little debris has made it down into the red tub of the vacuum. The planer will fill the 5 gallon bucket up QUICK so you have to keep an eye on it.

I've been using it quite a bit and haven't had any issues with it being top heavy. I've been rolling it all over the garage and its been super handy to have. I also made a bracket to fix the hose to the top back plywood cross member where it goes through so that I can just drag it around by the hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors