We may have an issue that needs tweaking,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
ScottM posts a "demonstrators needed thread". It gets very few replies. PhilS posts a thread about assistants needed for his steam bending in the general forums, and folks are climbing all over it. We may need to tweak some things.......

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Earlier (predinner), I updated the banner at the top to call attention to the thread.

My link was wrong, so I just fixed it.

Hope that helps a bit......

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Suggestion - make the "demonstrators needed" thread a little more specific. Many people don't know what's expected or what's needed. Phil's thread was very specific: I need a helper on Saturday, no knowledge required, we'll be doing steambending.

So, perhaps something like: "Looking for someone to demonstrate how turn a basic pen on Saturday morning, from 10am through noon. This shouldn't be too fancy, people tend to lose interest after a few minutes anyway. A lathe and some blanks will be provided, but you'll need to bring your own tools. Also, feel free to bring your own blanks, nothing better than working with familiar wood."

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I'm with Bas on this one.

Let me see what I can work out with my wife, but that's a trek from Charlotte for a day.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the support. I was really hoping to recruit local folks. Heck we have more Triangle members then any place else. We need both workers, demonstrators, but more important folks to enter the showcase.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I had been planning to come (and be available for who/whatever). Unfortunaltely something else got scheduled for that day...

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I agree that the specific request is easier to reply to.
Also, to help someone, rather than commit to give a demonstration yourself is a lot easier for most folks - even those that may give very good demonstrations.
Possibly a team approach might work.

Maybe it won't sound so overwhelming with a team to work with. Safety in numbers?
Robin and I went to the Hickory Klingspor expo last year (our first such event). I was overwhelmed and had no idea what was going on. I felt badly afterward that I hadn't even thought to ask if I could help - even long enough to let someone else take a break.
I'd bet we have people that would be glad to help but may not know how to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors