Warning on calling Rikon Tech Support -

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
I recently called Rikon to get some parts for my bandsaw. I called their toll-free number -- (877) 884-5167. A recording told me that I had qualified for a $100 coupon book. I thought this was pretty cool. The nice lady took my info and had to read a legal statement to me (faster than I could understand) and then I had to digitaly sign an agreement. Oh.. and they charge you $5 for the shipping fee for the agreement -- they are happy to take your credit card. I explained that all I need was some parts for my band saw -- but they weren't able to forward my call to their tech support unless I took their deal. Pushing didn't help. Either they were going to sell me their coupon book or they weren't going to let me talk to tech support.

Their contact page had a 2nd number for their tech support -- which goes directly to the support staff without having to buy any book. (978) 528-5380. Once through to the support staff, I was very pleased. They even referred me to Amazon to buy a switch to save some money.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
I recently called Rikon to get some parts for my bandsaw. I called their toll-free number -- (877) 884-5167. A recording told me that I had qualified for a $100 coupon book. I thought this was pretty cool. The nice lady took my info and had to read a legal statement to me (faster than I could understand) and then I had to digitaly sign an agreement. Oh.. and they charge you $5 for the shipping fee for the agreement -- they are happy to take your credit card. I explained that all I need was some parts for my band saw -- but they weren't able to forward my call to their tech support unless I took their deal. Pushing didn't help. Either they were going to sell me their coupon book or they weren't going to let me talk to tech support.

Their contact page had a 2nd number for their tech support -- which goes directly to the support staff without having to buy any book. (978) 528-5380. Once through to the support staff, I was very pleased. They even referred me to Amazon to buy a switch to save some money.
Are you certain that you dialed the right number? There are a lot of telephone scams out there. I would check with my credit card issuer to make certain that you were billed by Rikon.

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Are you certain that you dialed the right number? There are a lot of telephone scams out there. I would check with my credit card issuer to make certain that you were billed by Rikon.
The number that I first dialed came from Rikons web site. Unless someone's somehow altered their contact page, this was Rikon.

teesquare

T
Senior User
I just tried their number - did not get any message like you described. Possible a mis-dial? Or maybe a temporary hi-jack of their number?

What I can tell you from dealing with Rikon for several years is that they have always been available during normal business hours by phone. In fact, their customer support is the best among manufacturers. FAR better than Nova-Teknatool, or Laguna, etc....

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
The number that I first dialed came from Rikons web site. Unless someone's somehow altered their contact page, this was Rikon.
The reason I ask is that I know a woman who thought that she called one phone number, when she actually called another. She was met with a similar sales pitch. Fortunately, the transaction triggered a fraud alert and they called her about the transaction. Her only damages were having to wait for replacement credit card.

This just does not sound like how Rikon customer service does business.

Last edited:

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
I sent this to the President of Rikon. Let's see what comes back as I am shocked at this. This is not what we would expect from Rikon as well.

Coleman

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
1706036163196.png

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
I now know what happened. I called (877) 844-5167 -- not (877) 884-5167 -- twice yesterday (at 4:30 pm and 4:44 pm). The automated attendant didn't identify themselves as Rikon. But, once I asked for Rikon, they played along -- and that is when they let me know that they would not forward my call to tech support unless I bought their coupon book. I called the 884 number just now and once again asked for Rikon tech support to see what they'd say -- I got the same response. This was an error on my part -- but this is devious on theirs. My apologies to Rikon.

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
I sent this to the President of Rikon. Let's see what comes back as I am shocked at this. This is not what we would expect from Rikon as well.

Coleman
Thank you for doing this. I posted another note. This was an error on my part -- dialing an 884 exchange instead of 844. The number at 844 is still answering calls and may be work Rikon's time to investigate. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's done this. Again... thanks...

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I just tried their number - did not get any message like you described. Possible a mis-dial? Or maybe a temporary hi-jack of their number?

What I can tell you from dealing with Rikon for several years is that they have always been available during normal business hours by phone. In fact, their customer support is the best among manufacturers. FAR better than Nova-Teknatool, or Laguna, etc....
Agree

teesquare

T
Senior User
I now know what happened. I called (877) 844-5167 -- not (877) 884-5167 -- twice yesterday (at 4:30 pm and 4:44 pm). The automated attendant didn't identify themselves as Rikon. But, once I asked for Rikon, they played along -- and that is when they let me know that they would not forward my call to tech support unless I bought their coupon book. I called the 884 number just now and once again asked for Rikon tech support to see what they'd say -- I got the same response. This was an error on my part -- but this is devious on theirs. My apologies to Rikon.
Hey - it happens. I am a left handed dyslexic that is color blind and have ADHD......So - I get it!😁

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors