Wanted, Workshop and all the tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello,:gar-Bi

I'm looking for a bunch of tools to start my own workshop, to include a table saw, plainer, jointer, Etc. Looking to spend around $5000 If theres anyone that is closing down shop I'd love to take over and put it to good use.

Thanks,

Matthew:icon_thum
Custom Home Audio

P1060800.jpg

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
There was a listing on Charlotte CL yesterday for a whole shop of tools in York, SC. Plenty of tools out there for sale. Actually too many of them. Wood Guy Disease sets in every time I see some for sale.
Rob

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
If your serious I have a lot of quality tools that I am selling. I am being moved to Germany for my next duty station and have to sell them. PM me and I will give you a list of everything. Have a blessed day friend

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Michael:

Where in Germany? I travel there a few time a year for work. Your probably in the north. I usually go to Munich.

Doug

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Hello,:gar-Bi

I'm looking for a bunch of tools to start my own workshop, to include a table saw, plainer, jointer, Etc. Looking to spend around $5000 If theres anyone that is closing down shop I'd love to take over and put it to good use.

Thanks,

Matthew:icon_thum
Custom Home Audio

View attachment 4945

This is a good setup for much less than $5k!
http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/565901818.html

Woodworking Tools RE-POST - $2100

Reply to: sale-565901818@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-07, 2:01PM EST

I have the following woodworking tools for sale. I have re-posted this add because I left some things out. Will take $2100.00 dollars for all or consider selling separately. Pics and model numbers to come. Call Philip at 336-689-1725 or 336-472-1498

1) Jet 10" Table Saw-------$300.00
2) Jet 6" Jointer----------$300.00
3) Jet 12" Band Saw--------$150.00
4) Craftsman 15" Drill Press--$200.00
6) Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw---$350.00
7) Porter Cable Router & Table----$125.00
8) Rigid 13" Planer---------------$250.00
9) Delta 10" Compound Miter Saw---$75.00
10)Craftsman Router---------------$50.00
11)Ryobi Spindle Sander-----------$75.00
12)Craftsman 4*21 Belt Sander-----$25.00
13)Craftsman 30 gal compressor----$75.00
14)Ryobi Benchtop Sander----------$65.00
15)4 Freud 10" Blades for Table or Radial Saw--includes stacked dado--$150.00
16)Router Bits---some 40 includng rail & stile set, raised panel door set. $150.00

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Matthew,

Are you about to go into full-blown production of something (speakers I'm guessing)? Or are you just wanting to get everything at once?

I do woodworking for a hobby and the occasional work order. Therefore, I prefer to get a few tools/saws at a time as I need them. This allows me to really focus on them, rather than having to figure everything out at once. Well, I'm also a beginner, so getting an entire shop worth of tools would have been overwhelming to me when I first started. If you already have tons of experience, then by all means, GO FOR IT. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap But if you are just starting out, you might want to take it a little slower. I guess it really just comes down to personal preference. I like to take my time and really focus on learning one, two or maybe three tools at a time. Hope this helps. ;-)

Trent

Badabing

New User
Joe
Trent makes a really good point. I have a shop full of tools now, but it has taken me years to accumulate the tools I have and I'm really glad it did. Buying one tool at a time gave me the chance to use each tool exclusively and learn how it worked best before moving to another.

Also, you may find that you can spend your $5K on new tools instead if you wait for the right sales and bargains to come along. Take the time to research each tool to decide which brand and model is best for your puposes. Personally, I find this part to be almost as enjoyable as using the tools (I said almost!) :rotflm:

I'll bet that as soon as you buy a bunch of tools you'll find that there are a number of them you'll wish you could change right away.

Don't forget the Charlotte WoodWorking Show is March 7-8-9. Great place to buy new tools :gar-Bi

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I am serious and need a wood shop, I have contacted Philip from Thomasville craigslist add http://greensboro.craigslist.org/tls/565901818.html and he is sending some pictures of his stuff, but if yours is better and at a good price then lets talk. Can you put some pictures up for me and let me know what you want to sell.

Thanks,

Matthew and Rachel
Custom Home Audio

It's measure once cut twice, right Bob?

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Trent and Joe,

I think I have quite a bit of experience, I have worked at a cabinet shop in St george Utah for 1.5 years with the owner and his two brothers. Had wood shop as many times as I could in school and worked in the Kadena wood shop for 2 years. Not to mention the times I have helped my Dad, Grandfather and uncles. They say woodworking runs in our family. Then again I could be wrong it has happened before and I do appreciate your wisdom. I have been thinking about the powermatic table saw for around $2,800 @ Rockler or the Saw stop. So If I bought one of those I would have to slow down on my spending especially if I like the high quality, high prices items. Let me know your thoughts about the higher priced, better quality tools.

Thanks,

Matthew and Rachel
Custom Home Audio

I think I can, I think I can, ummm wait.... what was I talking about.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
And Dave, I am planning on purchasing while my wife say yes, but then again when I get out of the military Apr 2010 and try to make it on my own as a speaker builder, or whatever the demand is. She is more than willing to let me buy the tools I need. Yeah for me:gar-Bi
I would actually like to work at a High end home audio store for a while, as I build my speakers on the side. If you know of a High End Home Aduio store, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Matthew and Rachel
Custom Home Audio

Where'd all the money go??? Oh yeah it's in the Garage!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS