VOLUNTEERS needed for next OUTREACH session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Last BUMP, folks. If you've attended one of the Train-The-Trainer sessions and would like to get in on this great experience, please let us know. We've got several previous volunteers who are anxious to participate again, but we wanted to give others a chance to do so.

Bill

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've not been through train the trainer training, but I would still like to volunteer. I'll do whatever needs to be done. Let me know if you can use me.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
UPDATE: We now have our Crew for the next Wounded Warrior session (Feb. 23) in place.

• Berta and bobby g will handle the scroll saws.

• Batk30msu and KenofCary will be in charge of the band saw, drill press, and belt/disk sanders, where the band sawn boxes are made, and most of the tool sharpening takes place.

• Phil S and I will work w/ the lathes.

We'll also be trying something new at this session. In an effort to get more people qualified as "Instructors / Helpers" at future sessions, we will be starting an "Observer" program. Previously, the only way to be qualified to participate was by attending one of the Train-The-Trainer sessions. But we have folks who would like to volunteer who were not able to attend either of those two sessions. Now we can have up to two "Observers" at a session as a way to become qualified for future sessions. The first two "Observers" for this session will be golfdad and b4man.

We are also working on another Train-The-Trainer session as we move to different locations around the state, so stay tuned if you want to volunteer.

Bill

failedbutchery

New User
JT
I am going to try to make it there with a couple of buddies, but it is looking like we all have to jump that weekend. I will keep you guys updated.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Quick question. Do we have plenty of sandpaper on the trailer now? Last time I participated it was in short supply. If we don't I can bring some, but it sure would be nice if we could get Klingspor to donate a bunch.

- Ken.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a fair amount of stock and I just picked up some sandpaper. I think we are good to go Thanks

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
We have a fair amount of stock and I just picked up some sandpaper. I think we are good to go Thanks

+1 to Phil's answer. We are very well stocked on blanks for turning and scrolling, and now we have sandpaper. I think we're in good shape, but we try to assess our needs at each session and restock before the next.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors