Video Review: Coarse, Medium, Fine - Christopher Schwarz

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Howdy Vid-ittes,

Well, after finishing this fine fine video, wanted to fill in that missing 1/4".

Heaping praise on Mr. Schwarz continues.

One teaser, he answers the question "how in the world do you true the sole of a 22" jointer plane?".

In addition to working on a flat panel, he then embarkes on fitting a shelf in a dado, tweaking rabbits, and even a curved edge.

He shows how a scrub plane works on edges, a patternmakers rasp and a spokeshave.

I orderd this dvd from Lie-Nielsen. Have not seen it on Netflix.

For a well rounded hand tool education, consider this video in conjunction with some of the good videos on plane tuning and sharpening.

Gene Shellac

-----------------
I'm so excited that I had to post something even though I'm only 3/4" done with this dvd.

If you ever wanted to understand how to use hand planes and why you use which plane for which job, this is it.

He doesn't go into how to tune or assemble or polish or grind, he shows you how to take a plane and apply it to actual wood!

I hereby dub this the missing link in all the videos and books I've read to date.

***** of 5 Biscuits

Gene Shellac

Last edited:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Re: Video Pre-Review: Coarse, Medium, Fine - Christopher Schwarz

I haven't seen the video but I read the article and it was very informative. Chris is also very accessible via email. I asked him a question about his monster workbench and he answered the same evening!

BTW - did you get my PayPal email?

pete

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Re: Video Pre-Review: Coarse, Medium, Fine - Christopher Schwarz

Jim, thanks for another great DVD review. Did you rent this DVD through Net Flix?

D L

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'm only a bit behind in replying.......

I purchased this video, haven't seen it on Netflix.

BTW, Watermelon Slim was great! Thanks for turning me on to that. Plan to expand my collection so its more Watermelon Rotund!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS