Veterans Day Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I am not a veteran, but my son is currently serving in the Marine Corps. He is a Captain (infantry), currently in the Expeditionary Warfare School in Quantico. I am very proud of him and his service!

jglord

New User
John
USN 1968 - 1972
USMC 1971
I was trained and served as a Navy Corpsman and did a tour with Hospital Company 3rd Marine Division

I had an experience similar to boardSmith when traveling around but also when I was medivaced back on a big C-141 Starlifter into Andrews and then on to Philadelphia Navy hospital - no one came to meet any of the folks on that big plane. When I was in the hospital the Red Cross volunteers were really great and the Phillies baseball team came through the ward to thank us. But the general message was pretty clear.

So the thanks we receive today are a surprise but greatly appreciated.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
US Marines 1970 - 1974, Cobra Mechanic
US Army 1976 - 1993, started out as a combat engineer, left that for the oxymoron field (Military Intelligence) and remained in that field until I retired.
Travelled to 22 different countries through out the world and don't regret one moment of it.

:rotflm:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am not a veteran, but my son is currently serving in the Marine Corps. He is a Captain (infantry), currently in the Expeditionary Warfare School in Quantico. I am very proud of him and his service!
You should be proud of him - and thank him for his choice and service.

Cabana Dan

New User
Cabana Dan
8 years Navy as a SAR swimmer and Aircrewman, THEN commissioned Army as an Engineer Officer and picked up for SOF.

I've had my feet on every continent, served in hot places, cold places, mountainous, and sandy places. Nothing compares to 'Merica and I love what I do!

So what does a Sailor Soldier say? Go Army, Beat Navy!

Thank you to all who paved the way for my generation to serve with such pride and recognition. I know that wasn't always the case and to those who endured tough and selfless service without much support, I salute you.

-Cabana Dan

Skymaster

New User
Jack
8 years Navy as a SAR swimmer and Aircrewman, THEN commissioned Army as an Engineer Officer and picked up for SOF.

I've had my feet on every continent, served in hot places, cold places, mountainous, and sandy places. Nothing compares to 'Merica and I love what I do!

So what does a Sailor Soldier say? Go Army, Beat Navy!

Thank you to all who paved the way for my generation to serve with such pride and recognition. I know that wasn't always the case and to those who endured tough and selfless service without much support, I salute you.

-Cabana Dan

My son retired out at 24 yrs Chief, was also SAR swimmer,aircrew,loadmaster,at, etc to bad he is moving to SC would have been interesting to git y;all together

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Active Chief in sub community. Details withheld....
Sorry for the late response, laptop is broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS