Utility Cart from Shopnotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Picked up a sheet of the 3/4" poplar ply from the BORG on Friday and managed to complete a cart to transport my new belt/spindle sander around this small 'shop' of mine. Lots of storage on the sides as well as the center shelves. Thanks to junquecol (Bruce) for pointing out the poplar ply at HD. The sheet I got was practically void free!. Sure beas their Sandiply:BangHead: !

Thanks for lookin'

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wayne, that looks great...very utilitarian. How tall did you make it? I reappointed an old tool stand for my Ridgid OSS and had to cut a lot off of the legs to get the table at a decent height...that's a tall machine8-O
Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice mobile cart Wayne. I have the same Ridgid sander and really like it. Oh, that reminds me I need to get to the shop and use mine on a project I am working on. :lol:

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Really nice looking mobile cart. I'd also be interested in the height question DaveO proposed.

Dan C.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Dave and Dan,

The cabinet itself is about 29" tall. Added 3" casters and it put the tabletop of the sander at just about 48" off of the floor. (If I were to build again, I think that I would lower the cabinet about 4-5".) It is at about chest high for me right now.

Thanks for the feedback!

Wayne

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Wayne,

Thanks for the measurements...first hand experience is often the best.

Dan C.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Fine looking cart and great storage solution for supplies. :icon_thum

But . . . you could have painted it orange to match the OSS :eusa_sile

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
If you can't make fun of yourself, who can...if you can't beat them join them...or something like that :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Jeesh, I don't know what I'm more jealous of...the nice sander (I drooled over one at HD this weekend), the lovely cart you built, or the fact that you actually have SPACE to set the sander and not have other machines encroaching on it! :lol: :lol:

Great idea. Mobility and a great way to organize sander stuff. Thanks for sharing. :icon_thum

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS