Uploading .wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Back in March, anticipating that the Harpsichord we built for the Harpsichord Project would actually play, I asked about uploading .wav files. Well, the concert has taken place and the sound files are ready, but I still can't upload them. Bas replied the following to my original question.

Thanks to Steve and Jim, you should be able to upload .wav files now. Let's hear those jingle tables play! __________________
Bas.
I can upload them into the Download forum, but i can't upload them so that they can be linked to in a post and played without first downloading. So I'm back to square 1 - can I do this?

Thanks,
Ernie

Last edited by a moderator:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Ernie,

Have you already uploaded a sound file? If you can let me know where you put it, I'll see if I can figure this out.

Note that to 'stream' media (play instantly without first having to download the entire file) will depend largely on your browser. For example, if you play a Windows Media File (.wmf extension) in Internet Explorer, it will stream, but if you do it in Firefox it won't (not unless you add a separate plugin).

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Bas

I did upload a single file this morning to the download library, but I didn't really want it there so I deleted it. After reading your message I tried it again but I get this error message.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
I didn't know where else I could upload the file to. Of course, I was given no choice as to a destination - it was the Download Library or nothing. I'll try it again in a little while - maybe it will let me upload then. I don't know if it matters, but the wav file was 14 mg.

Thanks,
Ernie

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Ernie, the upload page shows allowable files as:

<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt1 smallfont" align="left" width="50%">jpg,jpeg,png,gif,cr2
mpeg,mpg,avi,asf,wmv,mov</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1 smallfont" align="left">Maximum File Size:</td> <td class="alt1 smallfont" align="left">No file size limit.
ZIP file uploads allowed (200.00mb limit).</td></tr></tbody></table>I put up an mpeg a couple of years ago here:
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=692

if you want a reference.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
FYI - .WAV files are often very large. You may want to consider changing it to another format -- mp4 possibly?

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Thanks all,

I think I have it figured out now! I converted all the files to wmv format. As Jeremy said, wav files are huge. An added bonus - I can add pictures to the sound files in the hope that the pictures will keep everyone awake during the playing of the sound files. Should have them posted in a day or two.
Thanks for all your help.

Ernie

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Let me know when the files are there Ernie. I'm working on something to embed videos in the site, this would be an execllent test case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors