Uploading mp3 or wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Help! Is there any way to upload a sound file (mp3 or wav)? I get an error message that says:
You may only upload or link to the following extensions: zip rar tar gz pdf xls doc
<center>
Is there any way around this limitation?

Ernie
</center>

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I don't think wav or mp3 files can be uploaded. or linked to. But I could be wrong.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I know sound files have been posted, in the past. But I think that was when we still had attachments. I don't know of a way to upload a wav file, but you could convert it to a wmv file and that would be acceptable. Here is a wav to wmv file converter that might help. I have never used it so I can't vouch for it's ease.

Dave:)

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Thanks Tracy & Dave

Dave - I downloaded the converter and it does work. Gonna do a little research to see if there's a better one . Don't need it right away, but someday this harpsichord will get finished and I thought it would be nice to provide a sample of what it sounds like.

Thanks again,
Ernie

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Thanks Tracy & Dave

Dave - I downloaded the converter and it does work. Gonna do a little research to see if there's a better one . Don't need it right away, but someday this harpsichord will get finished and I thought it would be nice to provide a sample of what it sounds like.

Thanks again,
Ernie

Ernie, the site programmers are hard at work on this. Thought you would like to know.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ernie we would love to hear what your harpsichord can do. After all it not all about the beauty, the sound matters a lot too.
Thanks for all the work you put into providing great information on this site.

Can you play it as well as you create it????

Dave:)

G_ville_worker

New User
Bryan
Ernie,

I used to do web sites in a past life. I could help you put it up on your web site. It wouldn't take long at all.

Bryan

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Tracy - Thanks for the info. It's really not a problem to convert the files to .wmv format but it would save some time to be able to upload wav or mp3's directly.

Can you play it as well as you create it????

Dave:smile:
Unfortunately, as a player I'm a hacker. I hope I can build them better than I play them. Sandy, on the other hand, plays very well and was a church organist for 30 years, so if I really need to hear something - she plays.

I used to do web sites in a past life. I could help you put it up on your web site. It wouldn't take long at all.

Bryan
Thanks for the offer, Bryan. I've already added some sound files to my site on occasion so I know how to do that - I think! If I've forgotten the process I'll send you a Help-Me-Please PM.

Ernie

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Tracy - Thanks for the info. It's really not a problem to convert the files to .wmv format but it would save some time to be able to upload wav or mp3's directly.
Thanks to Steve and Jim, you should be able to upload .wav files now. Let's hear those jingle tables play!

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Thanks to Steve and Jim, you should be able to upload .wav files now. Let's hear those jingle tables play! __________________
Bas.

Thanks Bas, Steve, and Jim. All I have to do now is finish the instrument. Wav files are coming.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors