Updated Shop Pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Michael,

That is one fantastic shop you have put together. Cannot see one thing you are missing or in need of. I just wish my shop could be that neat and organized. Congratulations and GO G-COCKS.

Dino Drosas

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Michael,

That is one fantastic shop you have put together. Cannot see one thing you are missing or in need of. I just wish my shop could be that neat and organized. Congratulations and GO G-COCKS.

Dino Drosas

+1 Micheal. I wish my shop looked that good. You've obviously put alot of thought and work into it. My uncle also has the G1023 TS, and I hope to have a Grizz TS myself soon!

Nice work :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
C.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The shop looks great Michael; neat and well organized. I really like the way you did the double layer for your wood storage. :icon_thum

Bill

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Awesome shop...very well designed and equipped! Thank you for sharing!

Donn

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Michael,

I took the entire shop tour and applaud your design and results! It looks so well organized and the details of all of the components are "crisp and clean".

Good luck on your future projects.

bobby g

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Sitting here trying to come up with a proper adjective to describe what you've put together there and nothing seems to adequately say it. So let it suffice to say this. Someone said they didn't/couldn't think of a thing you didn't include. I can think of one thing!! A bed to lie down on when you get finished at the end of the day??? You've done well!!!!

cskipper

Cathy
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! A couple of quick questions: Do you have your sheet goods on some sort of cart/ dolly so you can slide them in and out easily to view and access different lengths of sheet goods? How do you store lumber "shorts" and other small pieces that scrollers love and others tend to throw away? (If you do throw them away, do you have room for a storage bin to collect those so we can raid it?) Do you use the scroll saw much? If so, where do you keep you blades?

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the layout.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Awesome shop. I may have to steal your lumber rack idea. :wsmile:

Can you tell us a little more about the downdraft table? What did you use for the top? It looks like perforated hardboard. If so, what kind of support did you use under that?

tia

Randy

New User
Randy
Nicely done! I'm guessing that you're somewhat of a fan of Grizzly products? :gar-La; Might want to send the link to the folks at Grizzly and see if they'll throw you a freebie to test drive next time?

MichaelCurtis

New User
Michael
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! A couple of quick questions: Do you have your sheet goods on some sort of cart/ dolly so you can slide them in and out easily to view and access different lengths of sheet goods? How do you store lumber "shorts" and other small pieces that scrollers love and others tend to throw away? (If you do throw them away, do you have room for a storage bin to collect those so we can raid it?) Do you use the scroll saw much? If so, where do you keep you blades?

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the layout.

The sheet goods sit on an angled bed but it doesn't slide out. I don't really need it to as I can flip through the sheets well enough to pick out what I'm looking for.

There are a couple of plywood boxes behind the miter saw (and beneath the lumber rack) that hold my cutoffs. Scrollers are welcome to pick through my cutoffs.

MichaelCurtis

New User
Michael
Awesome shop. I may have to steal your lumber rack idea. :wsmile:

Can you tell us a little more about the downdraft table? What did you use for the top? It looks like perforated hardboard. If so, what kind of support did you use under that?

tia

Re: Lumber Rack. You're welcome to copy the design all you want. Same with the downdraft table or anything else. Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery.

Re: Downdraft Table. The top is hardboard pegboard, just as you guessed. I hope this answers all the rest of your questions.

downdrafttbl01.jpg

downdrafttbl02.jpg

downdrafttbl03.jpg

downdrafttbl04.jpg

downdrafttbl05.jpg

downdrafttbl06.jpg

MichaelCurtis

New User
Michael
Nicely done! I'm guessing that you're somewhat of a fan of Grizzly products? :gar-La; Might want to send the link to the folks at Grizzly and see if they'll throw you a freebie to test drive next time?

When I started shopping for my machines, I was looking not necessarily for the best but for the "best bang for the buck". In reading tool reviews, almost every review listed Grizzly as either "Best Tool" or "Best Value". Sometimes both. Made the decision easy.

MichaelCurtis

New User
Michael
Very impressive shop. Where's the dust.

Go Clemson!:rotflm:

Re: Where's the dust? I clean the shop very well before a photo shoot. This is my third annual shoot. But even the rest of the time, I usually keep it fairly tidy. It gets pretty messy in the middle of a project but usually as I finish up one project and start another, I clean up the shop. I guess it's become almost like a ritual. Kind of a spiritual putting the previous project behind me and clearing my mind for the next project.

Re: Go Clemson! Three words: Alabama :gar-La; - Boston College :gar-Cr

Thanks for the kind words about my shop! Here's to November 27th. :eek:ccasion1

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the pictures of the downdraft table. Looks like another project to add to my to-do list.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
WOW!!!!

The only problem I see is you gave me too many ideas for my shop build WIP.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS