Updated Ridgid Planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Has anyone picked up one of these guys yet? Reviews?

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R4330-Thickness-Planer/EN/index.htm

Seems that the only feature missing compared to the DeWalt is dual speed feed rate. At 250$ less than the DeWalt when you include their infeed/outfeed table "option", this could be great buy if the quality is there.

- Steve

Sounds like a good machine. However, I do like the two speeds on the DW and the fan assisted chip ejection is brilliant.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I know the Dewalt has a locking cutter head, I didn't notice a locking cutter head as one of the features of this machine. That is one feature I would want to have.

DavidF

New User
David
I know the Dewalt has a locking cutter head, I didn't notice a locking cutter head as one of the features of this machine. That is one feature I would want to have.

The top model DW has an "automatic locking mechanism) (big springs) that really does work. I notice in the rigid add that it features "advanced leadscrew technology" that eliminates a locking devise, so perhaps they too have adopted the "Big Spring" approach.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Personally, I own a lot of Ridgid stuff ... but when it comes to planer DeWalt owns it (in this class).

This one is more comparable to the entry level DeWalt (DW734) (which is only about a $20 price difference from what I read in one minute), while I think the price comparison being made is against the better one (DW735) (which I own and love)

My opinion ... why? Money savings isn't enough in my book if you are looking for a long term tool purchase.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I burned the motor out of a Ridgid planer after only 20 boards through it. I ended up giving it to a friend who was able to get it fixed under warranty.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS