Upcoming Workshops at Edwards Mountain Woodworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
Here is a list of my upcoming workshops. These workshops focus on handtool skills and techniques. Tuition is generally $90/day with a basic $15 materials fee. I supply all of the tools necessary, although students are welcome to bring their own. Lunch is provided at EMW workshops. Class times are 9 am 6o 5 pm or thereabouts. I supply a comprehensive class manual which covers all of the information in each workshop. Please confirm your participation with a 50% tuition deposit. Registration closes 2 weeks prior to a workshop. Check out my website for complete details.

Bench Plane Skills and Techniques. April 3-4 (2 days).
This workshop will be conducted at The Woodwright School in Pittsboro. The first day will focus on all of the bench planes including scrub, block and bench planes up through jointers. We will look at metal, wooden and traditional planes. There will be a discussion on purchasing, tuning up, and sharpening panes as well as handplane techniques specific to each plane type. The second half of the day will be a section on “rough to ready” where we will take apiece of rough stock to finished dimensions, flat and smooth using traditional techniques, layout and gauging. On the second day we will focus on using bench planes to accomplish typical workshop tasks including edge jointing for glue up, flattening panels, planing face frame corners (mitered and square, planing end grain and mitered joints, using shooting boards (square and mitered), planing figured woods, and more.

Advanced Mortise and Tenon Joinery. May 1 and May 2 (two 1-day sessions)
This workshop will be conducted at Edwards Mountain Woodworks. We will focus on the more technical mortise and tenon joinery including through mortise and tenon (tusk tenon), mitered bridal joinery, coped and sticked rail and stile joinery, as well as covering wedging, pinning and drawboring techniques among others.

Making a Traditional Jointer Plane. May 8-9 (2 days)
This workshop will be conducted at Edwards Mountain Woodworks. We will make a traditional closed toted jointer bench plane from quartersawn beech. We will use traditional boring, cutting and shaping tools and techniques. The blade will be a tapered single iron blade, consistent with the plane style. There will be an additional materials fee for lumber and hardware.

Making a Queen Anne Footstool. May 22-23 and 29-30 (4 days).
This workshop will be conducted at Edwards Mountain Woodworks. We will make a classic mahogany Queen Anne footstool with pad footed cabriole legs. The legs will be roughed out on a bandsaw, but shaped by hand. Joinery will be pinned mortise and tenon and the aprons will be shaped with and cut molding. We will explore traditional 18th century upholstery techniques. This is an intensive workshop for individuals with good handtool and joinery expertise. There will be an additional materials fee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS