Twisty pix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Finally got the pix of my future floorlamps posted.:eusa_clap I posted them in the photo gallery. I hope I did it right8-O . I've started stripping the large one. Plan on getting progress pix as I go.:clock:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Here are a few for all to see:

IMGP0463.JPG

IMGP0462.JPG

sapwood

New User
Roger
Yep, you did right Robert!

IMGP0463.JPG

Really looking forward to your work in progress.
Looks like the one in the middle already has a lampshade :mrgreen:

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are going to make some very cool lamps. Are you going to drill them out for the wiring? If so, how?? Are you planning on stripping the bark and then finishing them? I guess I should wait for the WIP pics for my answers, but I am know to be rather impatient :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
Those are going to make some very cool lamps. Are you going to drill them out for the wiring? If so, how?? Are you planning on stripping the bark and then finishing them? I guess I should wait for the WIP pics for my answers, but I am know to be rather impatient :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Just send a wood boring beetle up there - no prob.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thnks for the positive input.I'm hopeing to drill through :-?. I've talked to a couple of people about that.Came up with a plan to use a 24'' spade bit with extentions. Not sure yet kinda worried about wobble.Any suggestions welcome.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Looks like a challenge. I'm thinking (dangerous and not to be relied on) that an auger-type bit (short cutter) with a screw point would have more of a tendency to follow the grain/heart. May be way off base there, tho. You don't know anyone into the old method of gun barrel boring, do you, that may have an old bore drill?
Really unique wood. Hopin' and prayin' it works out well!!

Go

MikeH

New User
Mike
OH YEA, I about forgot to thank you MIKE for moving the pix over. Haven't figureed that one out yet.

You're welcome. I'd be more than happy to walk you through sometime. Send me a PM and we can talk on the phone and go through it. There is also a very good tutorial by Monty here.

Let me know if you want help.:-D

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thnks for the positive input.I'm hopeing to drill through :-?. I've talked to a couple of people about that.Came up with a plan to use a 24'' spade bit with extentions. Not sure yet kinda worried about wobble.Any suggestions welcome.

How bout a red hot steel rod!!! :)

Okay, I don't have a clue.

How tall will the lamp/lamps be?

Chuck

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
They sell flex bits at HD and Lowes that are about 40 plus " long.
Electricians and cable installers use them.
I have a couple here at the shop, kind of dull, hit a few nails drilling thru wall cavitys and subfloors.
But it is an option.
Might be kind of hard to be pinpoint accurate drilling with it, but I think one could do it slowly.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I've used 2 18" extns. with a spade bit and wobble didn't seem to be a problem. I use them in chair making so the holes aren't deep. The long extns. help with alignment.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Hot rod really don't sound that bad. I plan on the lamps to be somewhere around 4.5 to 5ft. I know where I can get ahold or some rebar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS