Tuesday Update Walnut Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
I just got off the phone with Mr. Walnut. I don't think he realized how a NCWW wood sale works, with all the folks involved in small transactions. He was hoping that I could find him a single buyer, but I'm not a broker.

We discussed the logistics of trying to part out this wood hoard, and Mr. Walnut really, really does not want to deal with fifty or sixty people each wanting a truckload of wood. He's interested in a single buyer who'll take the whole thing, or perhaps a group of several who would take thousands of bf at the time. As Jeremy indicated in the original thread, there are bulk buyers who are currently reviewing the stash, and Mr. Walnut obviously hopes he can make some kind of a deal with one or several people.

Time is NOT as critical as I had been led to believe. The decision of whether to engage in cat-herding and sell individually will be made by Mr. Walnut. It is a last-ditch choice. Mr. Walnut will advise me if he makes a bulk sale, and failing that, whether he's willing to engage in the multi-transaction mode. If it is multi-transaction, the Jeff... method of measurement will apply: That pile is about 8' long by 6' wide by 3.5' high, so it contains about XXX bf and you owe $YYYY. Load up and move it out. If it works this way, we'll need everybody to be (as you always are) helpful and neighborly, picking and stacking and measuring and loading for your buddy, and after she's loaded, she'll stay and pick and stack for you. There darned sure won't any cherry picking or ability to specify 33bf of 4/4 and 16bf of 5/4 and one stick of 8/4 that's 5" wide by 4.5' long. If this comes to be, y'all might need to stick around somewhere (and NOT at the storage shed cause there ain't no room) and swap amongst yourselves.

I'll keep you posted as I know something. I'm not giving out number or address cause I don't want y'all to worry this nice fellow even though you have the kindest of hearts and swell intentions and I love most of you.

Sorry if you got your hopes up and this seems to quash the hopes, but remember that hope springs eternal in the human breast.

So smile. If you've got spare change to buy wood, you're better off than someone somewhere.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Can't blame Mr. Walnut. I wouldn't want 60 of you guys falling down on my place to pick thru my stash! :gar-La;

So, the question is .... Is Scott Smith going to buy it all? :rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:widea:seems like a great oppertunity for one of our more flush members to get it all and sell it with a small profit to cover time and stress. MR. walnut gets it gone and we all get a great deal. a 25 to 50 cent markup would be more than fair for someone laying out a lotta cash and dealing with the disspersment process. I would but...... just a thought!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Can't blame Mr. Walnut. I wouldn't want 60 of you guys falling down on my place to pick thru my stash! :gar-La;

So, the question is .... Is Scott Smith going to buy it all? :rotflm:

Heck - I was thinking you'd be the one to buy it all :eek:ccasion1

pete

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
the Jeff... method of measurement will apply: That pile is about 8' long by 6' wide by 3.5' high, so it contains about XXX bf and you owe $YYYY. Load up and move it out.

My Granville Country math is known far and wide in the lumber industry (whack that stack) :gar-La;

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Boy, I wish. Unfortunately, I was just joking. I wouldn't know where to put that much lumber. 500bft I can figure out ... 5,000bft ... ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS