TS Blade Stabilizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
I have a little direct drive Craftsman table saw. It cuts OK, but seems like it has a little run-out or blade oscillation as it runs, since you can hear the blade wander a little if you pause and leave the blade turning in the kerf cut.

I am wandering if the blade stabilizers that I see advertised in the catalogs will help the tendency of the blade to wander?

Thanks for any input.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Using a blade stabilizer won't hurt, provided you have enough room on your arbor for one. I had a bench-top Craftsman and I could only use a 1/2" wide dado stack on it and that was without the washer. What type of blade are you using? That could have something to do with your problem also.
Dave:)

rick7938

New User
Rick
Thanks, Dave. It is a small 10 " Contractor-style saw with cast iron top. It has plenty of arbor length. The blade that I am using is a Freud 50-tooth Combination Blade.

I guess that it is just a fact than a lightweight direct drive saw is never going to run as smoothly as a heavy cabinet saw, but I'm trying to minimize the vibrations as much as possible.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well you are using a high quality blade so you can rule out that as a source of your problem. Try the sabilizer, but I suspect that you will find the problem to more a result of the direct drive saw and lightweight trunions, but the stabilizer should help. I was amazed at the cut quality I got after upgrading from a direct drive C-man saw to a good quality contractors saw.
Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
IMO, if it is a thin kerf blade I would use a stabilizer. I do on the thin kerf Freud blades I have been using and I believe I get a cleaner cut overall. My .02.

rick7938

New User
Rick
Thanks, Travis. It is, in fact, a thin kerf blade. I think that I will order one. It certainly can't hurt. Will report back my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS