Triton 3 1/4HP Router Gloat @ Woodcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
Popped by Woodcraft in Greensboro yesterday RIGHT before closing to get a BU plane blade. On my way out, saw the Triton routers and hastily asked what the price was - $179.99. Didn't check to see if it was the old model or not due to time. Called today to find out - yes it was the old model BUT the manager said it could be had for $150.:gar-Bi

They had a few more in stock in case anybody is interested.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Own one myself. Good catch! Since mine spends its life in a table, I paired it with the Router Raizer. They work flawlessly together.

happy WWing,
Bob

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
Own one myself. Good catch! Since mine spends its life in a table, I paired it with the Router Raizer. They work flawlessly together.

happy WWing,
Bob

Debating on lift or similar. What kind of benefits (other than above table height adj) do you see? Mine too will be parked in a router table but am curious about other opinions. I've seen everything across the boards from nothing to DIY to RR to Unilift. I'm planning on starting out "plain" and go from there. Thanks

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Debating on lift or similar. What kind of benefits (other than above table height adj) do you see? Mine too will be parked in a router table but am curious about other opinions. I've seen everything across the boards from nothing to DIY to RR to Unilift. I'm planning on starting out "plain" and go from there. Thanks

I've had the Triton for many years. My favorite feature is above-the-table (ATT) bit changes which are quick and painless. No need to remove a router plate or monkey around with multiple wrenches. The automatic spindle lock is most excellent :>

I have not modified mine for AAT height adjustment...I guess because it is so easy to reach under and quickly crank the height to the right ballpark and then use the fine-adjuster knob to dial it in. Also, there is a height lock that is recommended once you've dialed in the right height. I tend to want the bit at eye-level when I'm adjusting the height, anyway, whether I'm using a gauge/ruler or a set-up block.

If anyone in the Raleigh area wants to play with a Triton in a table, you're welcome to stop by and try mine.

Chris

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Hi Randy,
Adjusting bit height from above is far better, and less cumbersome, than from below - quicker too. Since a feature of the Triton locks the spindle once the collar is fully extended, the RR enhances this feature by getting it there faster and with less effort. Although true, that you must reach under to lock/unlock the height adjustment mechanism, this is done nearly effortlessly (as is turning on/off) compared to adjusting height.
The "Router Raizer" can be purchased for less than $100 from Peachtree (I think - it's been a while). Incidently, I also keep a small 4V battery-powered drill w/hex key installed in a holster nearby for even quicker ups/downs.
If you can part with the hundred bucks (without having to live in the dog house for long), you won't be sorry for this additional purchase.

happy WWing,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS