Triangle Woodworkers April Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
TWA will meet on FRIDAY, APRIL 21, at 7:30 PM. Location- Klingspor's Woodworking Shop, on Capital Blvd. Guest speaker Garret Hack, nationally known author. Topic- Furniture design. Yall Come!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'll be there. I hated missing last months meeting but I had surgery the day before and couldn't drive. The presentation topic sounds really interesting, I do most of my furniture design so it will be good to learn the right way to design things :-D

Dave:)

R

rickc

The rest of the story is that Garrett is also hosting a workshop. Junquecol is right on - it will be a good meeting especially if you are interested in furniture making. Here is the scoop:

Garrett Hack has been a furniture maker and one horse farmer in Thetford Center, Vermont since the late seventies. He specializes in making contemporary interpretations of Federal style furniture with an emphasis on delicate and graceful design, understated surface decorations and a complete dedication to superior joinery and craftsmanship. He is a Contributing Editor for Fine Woodworking Magazine, the author of The Handplane Book (Taunton Press, 1997) and Classic Hand Tools (Taunton Press, 1999) and teaches at a number of woodworking schools throughout the country.

Garret will host the program on April 21 (Friday) and will conduct two workshops that weekend on the 22nd and 23rd. The Friday program will be on how he works, including workshop design, power tools, etc. The Saturday workshop will be on decorative work including inlays, scratch stock. The Sunday workshop will be on chair design, angled mortises, etc. The cost of the workshops (for members) will be $40 each or both for $70. A signup sheet will be available at the meeting.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Since I'm not a member of the TWA, is there a fee? Can 'outsiders' sit in on these meetings or do you need to sign up?

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There is a very small membership fee to join. I believe it is $35. But you are welcome to come to a meeting or two to see what they are like without paying the membership dues. Once you have been to one meeting and experienced the excellent programs that are presented you will want to join, the fee is minimal and the benefits are great. Check out the TWA website, it should be in the Link Library. Hope to see you there. Also before the meeting some members get together at Buffalo Bros. Pizza & Wings in the same parking lot around 6:30ish to eat and chat a bit.

R

rickc

Pretty durn close for a moderator!!! :lol:

Dues for TWA are $35/year, with a $5 discount if you elect to receive the email electronically (STRONGLY encouraged!). Plus you generally get the newsletter about 2 -3 days before those who get it via mail. For example, I sent out the newsletter electronically Sunday. I will pick up the hardcopies tonight, and mail them Tuesday. Should be delivered to those folks Wednesday or Thursday. Normally not a big deal I guess - unless there are limited spots in a workshop you just HAVE to attend! Or something in the classifieds you KNOW you can't live without. Then the extra few days comes in handy!

Also we meet at 6:00 pm at the restaurant. Course I think Dave told you 6:30 so he could have first crack at any of the leftovers on everyone elses plate!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
6:00 :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
thanks Rick for setting the record straight:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I am planning to be there. I missed the last two meetings due last minute travel issues that came up.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great D L, I can finally return the pen book you let me borrow..I've committed it to memory by now :-D I look forward to seeing you again.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
DaveO said:
Great D L, I can finally return the pen book you let me borrow..I've committed it to memory by now :-D I look forward to seeing you again.

Looking forward to it Dave. I'll see you at BBs around 6 PM.

D L

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
D L Ames said:
I am planning to be there. I missed the last two meetings due last minute travel issues that came up.

D L
DL Your lucky, as I was the speaker at the March meeting- boorrring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS