Tool-stand storage, and 2x4 quick-shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
I just finished a storage project I started last year, but hadn't then realized how I would make the face. I had got the 2 sides and back, and the bevel-edged floor. I had the intuition yesterday to make a face-frame of 3/4 pine, as I had plenty of cut-off scrap, and used biscuits to join some of the boards for the door.

GrndrCabClosed-dscf0727.jpg

The sides are 1/4 oak ply, the back 1/4 MDF, and the internal bevel-edged floor is 3/4 MDF, which wedges the bottom of the front, back and sides. Here's a few pix including with the door open to show the interior, and brief construction history.

I made a shelf unit of 2x4 from the scrap pile as well; the shop boom-box is now elevated off the bench, and we cleaned up the corner. It's the only shop music source until I replace my 2-decade old receiver which has bad outputs. :-(

And a "before" image, naturally!

The lumber pile under the grinder supplied the 2x4's for the shelf-unit.

These projects followed quick on the heels of completing my T-track fence-face extension, and that was instrumental in completing these projects quickly, easily and safely.

John

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

I love the storage cabinet built into the stand of the grinder. That's a very slick answer to the question of how to use an oddly shaped space. I have a stand under my thickness planer with a similar shape... if you don't mind, I'll just borrow your idea. Thanx

Ray

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
John,

That is a great use of space, and very innovative. you can never have too much storage.

Nice Job.

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors