Tool Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleng

New User
allen
A local artisan contacted me to cut some cork to carve decoys since he doesn't have a table saw. He tried to pay me for doing it, but I wouldn't accept payment for it. The next day he contacted me again and needed some more wood cut, and he GAVE me this occilating spindle/belt sander for my trouble. (And to get it out of his way!!) I told him he really didn't owe me anything, but he insisted. So, today I have been sanding away making wooden cooking utensils, just to see what it would do. My wife even tried her hand at making a bottle. This is something that I would have never even looked at buying, but it is a really nice little piece of equipment!! Lots of FUN!!! (I am still trying to figure out what it is really supposed to be used for:eusa_thin )

Attachments

• DSCN5731.JPG
    DSCN5731.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN5736.JPG
    DSCN5736.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN5739.JPG
    DSCN5739.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN5735.JPG
    DSCN5735.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 101

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that's one wood eating machine. I am surprised that you were able to do such aggresive sanding with it. I've been wanting something along those lines, and I am now impressed with the Ridgid.

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That is way cool, Allen. I have often wished I had an osc. spindle sander. Of course I'd need to find someplace to put it! :)

Chuck

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice work. :eusa_danc I have that same sander. Got it a few weeks ago. But I had to pay for mine. :lol: I find it very useful.

sapwood

New User
Roger
A free tool and you already got projects rolling (uh, sanding). :icon_thum Don't read the manual, it could slow down all that creativity. And having LOYL share it amplifies the joy. :cool:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors