Tool Gloat! Delta JT-360 6" Jointer (needs some TLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Yesterday I picked up a Delta JT-360 6" jointer at a great price....... Free for the taking...... I runs but the in feed/out feed tables have rust. Will need some work to clean up the rust. Out feed table looks to have some pitting but may clean up fine. Time will tell.

87343518-3CD3-4BD2-B9F9-9D006B914107.jpeg

2C7617C7-3759-4238-863B-7C9923D4AFC3.jpeg

20B410EB-8FA9-4D3D-9421-9F13683D59F2.jpeg

1660E545-A510-4921-B968-E8E2A56C022F.jpeg

I'll post photos of the restoration.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Pitting on the tables only affects your pride. It will still joint wood, which is what you want. I say all new cast iron tops should come from the factory with a drink can ring already installed. Then there wouldn't be a bunch of tearing and snotting when it happens.:rotflm:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Pitting on the tables only affects your pride. It will still joint wood, ....

Thanks Bruce - I have always wondered why others seem to be so concerned with some pitting on a large power tool, and especially why they would go through so much effort to get rid of it.

Aesthetics, sure; I get that people want stuff to look nice, but my tools are all users, not collectors. It likely helps to know that I have never purchased a large tool new - they all entered in (well) used condition. They have not become any more beautiful under my watch either, but they all work fine.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I always enjoy seeing someone - including myself - that is willing to invest some elbow grease on a refurb to keep old arn in the game. It always makes me appreciate the investment of the grease more than the investment of the dollars, which in your case were nil. Nice going.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I recently had to clean the rust off of mine. Vinegar, steel wool and elbow grease did the trick. I finished it up with WD-40, more rubbing and then paste wax. Had lots of pitting, but as others have said, still joints the edges just fine. I wasn't quite as lucky on my price though! Nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors