G1023RLX with long rails table saw
mobile base and extension for saw
Kreg router top
Kreg Router fence

I should start having goodies arrive next week

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Nothing like making your own lumber. Joint the edges and you'll be gluing up your own panels.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
Took wifes car to dealership Tuesday for oil change and it needs over $2k worth of work but has close to 140k miles on it so we are in need of using part of my tool money and shop build money to buy her a new one.

So that expense postponed the purchase of a joiner and bandsaw but with the tools I purchased today and the ones I currently own I should be able to make some sawdust as you pro's would say.:)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats on your purchases Rich!

Too bad about the car, but now you'l get the new car smell AND the new tool smell!:rolleyes:

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Awesome. Make sure you take the time to properly inspect and set them up. You will thank yourself when you go to use them.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
Thanks Guys,

Just got the email at 10:57pm all items have shipped. So I am hoping the freight company calls me for a delivery date so I can arrange to be here. Also I dont have access to a forklift but did order liftgate sevice. I am hoping I can use a tow strap to wrap around the shipping pallets and drag the equipment to the garage with my little 500 series John Deere. I just hope the pallets they use are of decent build and condition.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Try to talk the driver into using his pallet jack to move them to where you want them.

If that doesn't work, a couple of pieces (3 or more works best) of steel pipe can act as rollers and you can move mountains of stuff all by yourself. I frequently take apart some of my pipe clamps and use the pipes for this. When the load is on the rollers and you are moving the load, just keep picking up the rollers that come out from under the back of the load and place them in front of the load. A flat shovel can act as a pry bar to lift one edge enough to get the first pipe under it, or a carpenters wrecking bar. It doesn't take a forklift or big muscles if you think it through.

Enjoy your new toys/tools.

Charley

wayne

New User
wayne
Took wifes car to dealership Tuesday for oil change and it needs over $2k worth of work but has close to 140k miles on it so we are in need of using part of my tool money and shop build money to buy her a new one.

So that expense postponed the purchase of a joiner and bandsaw but with the tools I purchased today and the ones I currently own I should be able to make some sawdust as you pro's would say.:)

Sounds like a service manager is trying awful hard to upsale an oil change, think I would get a second opinion on that one especially if their were no known symptoms of a problem when it was took in, unless of course your just looking for an excuse to buy a new car.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
Been using the same dealership since new. Took in for an oil change and knew from prior service the rear main was seeping oil and the transmission was shifting funny and we had previously had the tranny flushed at 110k and this time the fluid was burnt.
So service manager also advised us of a broken motor mount. So broken motor mount, replace rear main seal, flush tranny again which probably wasn't going to help was $1610. If the transmission needed to be replaced we were looking at close to $3k for Honda tranny and labor. The car was immaculate but with close to 140k miles on it and the wife puts over 350 a week to go back and forth to work I didn't feel it was a wise investment. So we got a great deal on a new car for the wife and while it basically put my shop build on hold and cut into my tool budget I had to make a tough choice and the wife felt bad. I assured her it was all good and it works out that it is her birthday present - she turns 50 next week.

My biggest challenge is I wanted to set up shop and have all these tools coming in but I want her to be able to park her new car in the garage.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cars are outdoor animals. I can't remember when I've had one in a garage or under cover. Hard to believe you've had that much problem with a Honda. They usually last 300,000 miles unless you want a newer feature.

But hey, I'm a big fan of Grizzly equipment. Great start on a shop.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
Cars are outdoor animals. I can't remember when I've had one in a garage or under cover. Hard to believe you've had that much problem with a Honda. They usually last 300,000 miles unless you want a newer feature.

But hey, I'm a big fan of Grizzly equipment. Great start on a shop.

Hey Ken,

I agree thats why we bought another one. I has been awesome which is why at 105k we had the timing belt, water pump,spark plugs etc....replaced which when completed the service guy said should have us set for another 100k miles. We had the tranny flushed at about 120k then a couple of months ago i hit a big pothole which popped the right front tire and bent the inside of the rim beyond repair which may have been the cause of the broken motor mount.

The rear main leak and the transmission issues are a baffle to me especially since we have followed all service recommendations with regards to the big stuff.
My brother retired from GM and his wife still works there and he said if you contact Honda they may pay for the tranny and or leaking seal. But he also said once a car has over 150k miles on them they are a $2500 car on a trade-in so we figured it was time to let her Accord go and get a new one.

Also I took yours and others advice regarding the Grizzly tools and am excited to use some quality equipment.

Thanks Again,

Rich

Rbohno

New User
Rich
WoooHooo!!!!!! Man, Grizzly is fast. I ordered Friday morning and freight truck arrived yesterday at 1:30. Unboxed everything and will begin assembly today. Tomorrow I will have to make three 220v runs - one for saw, one for planer and one for dust collection.

Rbohno

New User
Rich
I will try to post some later, assembly hasn't been so bad except but still kind of kicked my butt. I am not too happy with the functionality of the extended mobility base (for $69.95 I wouuld have expected quite a bit better setup. I am also having problems with the guard bending over when I try to lower the blade so I am going to call tech support tomorrow.

I may try and return the mobile base because with that long extension table you have 6 wheels total ( 4 for the saw base and 2 for the table extension). Of the 6 wheels 4 are swivel and 2 are straight only. Instructions show putting the 4 swivels on the ends with the two straight only wheels in the middle. Half to say does not function well at all. The planer weighs much more and the wheels work awesome when foot pedal is pushed.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't have the table saw so can't comment, but I agree the planer mobile base works very well despite the very heavy weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS