Too good to pass up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I have been sitting on the fence waiting for a good deal on a byrd head for my jointer and when I found out I could get a discount, cash back, and a 10% bonus coupon, I couldn't resist.

Normal price $449.00 plus free shipping
Discount 10%
Cash back 30%
bonus coupon 10%

Total minus discounts, etc = $242.46

Mike

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Mike, can you explain how you got this smoking deal??? and are similar terms available on the 20" Byrd head??? You will really like that on your jointer, and after feeling the difference between a carbide tipped turning tool and HSS, I REALLY want to replace the head in my planer.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Mike, can you explain how you got this smoking deal??? and are similar terms available on the 20" Byrd head??? You will really like that on your jointer, and after feeling the difference between a carbide tipped turning tool and HSS, I REALLY want to replace the head in my planer.

Pete,

Check out this site for pricing www.holbren.com

If you are a member of Woodnet, he will extend an automatic 10% off the price. If you are familar with the MS Cashback system, that will get you the 30% off. I got a coupon from ebay for another 10% off any purchase so that is how I managed the deal. Since the MS Cashback can go and come, if you are thinking of doing this, I would do it now.

Mike

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
just checked Griz... you saved about $100 off their prices on that head! But I think I will be better off waiting a bit, and getting my 20" byrd from Griz for about $850, plus shipping, after I collect a few more bonuses.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Check out this site for pricing www.holbren.com

Ouch! I've always wanted one of those but assumed it was out of my price range. I was right. That replacement head would cost me twice what I paid for my old 15" planer :( Even at 50% off, that would still be hard to swallow. Maybe some day....

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Chris, check Griz's prices on the same product, you may be shocked. I like Holbren for some things, and Mike got a fantastic deal, but the 15" heads aren't so bad at Grizzly.com

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
ncpete, Grizzly has some of the Byrd heads listed on *bay also. Then you can use the Microsoft Live Cashback, which is currently 30%. Brings the head for my PM209 down to $671.20 which includes shipping. Not bad for a $1000.00 head!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
ncpete, Grizzly has some of the Byrd heads listed on *bay also. Then you can use the Microsoft Live Cashback, which is currently 30%. Brings the head for my PM209 down to $671.20 which includes shipping. Not bad for a $1000.00 head!

Make sure you check the fine print on the 30% MS Cashback- there is a $200 max discount per purchase (and an annual limit) so, on high dollar items you don't get 30% off. I think the Grizz Byrd will cost you $800.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Grizzly had the Byrd Head that would fit my PM209 listed for $850. 30% Cashback would be the max of $200. Shipping is $21.20. $850-$200 + $21.20 =$671.20. Would be 10% less with Ebay coupon if you had one. I've already used mne on another tool!

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I've checked the Holbren site for price of a Byrd head for my Robland. $1200 retail and even with all the discounts, still close to $900 - and it's only a 12"er :swoon:

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS