Tobys Final Resting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
My Wife's cousin in NC had a cat ( Toby) that they have had for a number of years. As many of you know a pet is part of the family and we all mourn their passing. I was asked to create a small box for Toby's ashes. The Walnut box is 3" x 4" by 2.5 " deep with a removable back. The intarsia was done with Mahogany and bloodwood (background). Toby was made with shades of gray ambrosia maple with Lignum Vitae and ebony eyes. The dime shows the scale.
tobybox002.jpg

tobybox004.jpg

tobybox.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike,

That's beautiful work and a wonderful gesture. I'm sure they'll cherish it. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike that is a wonderful tribute to a family pet. Thanks for sharing.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That's simply a magnificent box. Great work, and very thoughtfully done. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mike, I sent that pic to several of my wife's cat loving friends and they are all in awe! It's a beautiful piece. Nice work, Pard! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
I know that a cremation urn is actually a sad thing to have to make but like any thing else there is a need for such an item. I took Tobys urn to the local Vets office to see if there might be an interest in these custom pieces. Got a call from a client who wants one for their beloved Golden Retriever. Will post some pics when I get er done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS