Titebond Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOAT

New User
Theo
Is it ok to mix Titebond red cap with Titebond blue cap? Don't ask why I need to know!!

I've got a French's mustard top on one of my Titebond bottles, and have had no problems. Does that help?

Or, you could just try it and see how it works. That's what I'd have done, but that's just me.

Glennbear

Glenn
From the DIY.org wiki..............

Crosslinking PVA's - These are the newest PVA's on the market and were formulated to overcome the biggest objection to normal PVA's which is their poor moisture resistance. Crosslinking glues pass industrial standards for water resistance and can be used on outdoor furniture and projects that come into contact with a lot of water vapour - like kitchen cabinets. They handle very much like the normal yellow PVA's with the only difference being that they are slightly thicker and a different colour.

Not sure if this is any help Geoff :wsmile:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I've mixed leftover bottles before.:dontknow: no problems so far. :gar-La; whatcha end up with is tightbond 1 1/2 instead of I or II !!!:rotflm: go fer it! It'll taste like chickin.:gar-La;

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
Yes, it should be OK to mix Titebond and Titebond II. I've seen commercial formulations in the past that used a mixture of conventional and X-link PVA.

Titebond III with any other PVA might give stability problems if mixed then stored for a while.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I gotta ask ........were children involved ? :rotflm:

I wish children were involved.

I bought a Glu-Bot. Great little glue bottle. So I fill it with red cap. Buy a gallon of glue while on sale. Ok.....now glu-bot is getting low. Pull out new gallon and it is blue top. Dohhhh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS