Tinting WB varnish

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
I have a project coming up to re-spray our dining room table. I was going to use Target coatings WB conversion varnish. This table has a middle leaf that has not been exposed to the sun as much as the outer leaves and is therefore darker. I had thought of tinting the varnish with these UTC's to darken the outer leaves to get a closer match. Any thoughts on compatibility or maybe even another method of doing it? I know "Transtints" are well know for this application, but at $16.99 per colour it doesn't give me any room to try out a few tints to see which is best. A set of 12 colours of the product below is about $30.

UTC 12-Color Assortment - 194901

woodguy1975

New User
John
UTC are pigments and Transtints are dyes. For the color match situation I'm affraid you want to use dyes. You can get a little better pricing from WD Lockwood dyes if they have the colors you are looking for.

If you were closer I'd offer to let you play with my dyes to get the colors you want to save you from buying dyes you don't need. I have a small fortune in dyes. :D

Good Luck,

John

DavidF

New User
David
UTC are pigments and Transtints are dyes. For the color match situation I'm affraid you want to use dyes. You can get a little better pricing from WD Lockwood dyes if they have the colors you are looking for.

If you were closer I'd offer to let you play with my dyes to get the colors you want to save you from buying dyes you don't need. I have a small fortune in dyes. :D

Good Luck,

John

Thanks for the advise and the offer John. How about these?

Arti Water-Soluble Dye 10-Color Assortment - 196004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS