Thread Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The following Thread was moved from Woodworking Forum to Off Topic:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f105/porsche-sale-making-room-woodworking-31975/

This PM was sent to Mark:

Mark,
Since the substance of this post was the sale of your auto and not woodworking, I decided to move it to the Off Topic Forum. Other more senior Moderators may decide it belongs elsewhere and move it again, but we will try and keep it in view unless we feel it conflicts with site policies.
Thank You

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Actually if I remember correctly I don't think we allow the sale of automobiles at all.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Drawing on gut reaction rather than site policy, shouldn't we limit 'sales' to things related to woodworking? Once we go beyond that, we have to make all kinds of allowances... and risk becoming a craigslist.

Glennbear

Glenn
Drawing on gut reaction rather than site policy, shouldn't we limit 'sales' to things related to woodworking? Once we go beyond that, we have to make all kinds of allowances... and risk becoming a craigslist.

I agree that vehicles are not approrpriate and IIRC we have been down this road once before when a member was trying to sell a pickup truck. :wsmile:

TracyP

Tracy
Will someone please take this post down. I won't be near a pc for a while. Moderating from an I phone is a little clumsy. State that sales must be woodworking.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I'll get it.

Edit: Done

Mt. Gomer said:
In response to your [post=314554]Post[/post] (as quoted above) in the [thread=31975]Porsche for sale. Making room for woodworking.[/thread] thread:

Mark,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience however the moderators have been asked to remove this thread as "For Sale" items must be woodworking related per site policy. Thanks for your understanding.

Travis

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wasn't sure it was prohibited, but it sure didn't belong in the WWing Forum. 5:00 is still a little early to get all 8 cylinders running, but I thank everyone for the clarification and action taken.
Pretty soon it could be chickens, goats, farm tractors & real estate. :gar-Bi:gar-Bi

TracyP

Tracy
Dennis, you did the right thing. When unsure, make the best move that seems right:notworthy:. The biggest thing is that you brought it before the rest of the staff for discussion and took action. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS