Thoughts on new Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
It occurred to me that we might consider a new forum listing special projects like Pens for Troops,
Heartstrings, Toys for Tots, Project Rudolph, etc. It would be a place where members can announce projects available for assistance and update as needed. This way members can see what's available for participation.

The second Forum I thought of would be "Social events". Lunches, shop crawls, regional get-together info, etc. This might also include meet ups at Woodworking Shows. A calendar could even be incorporated maybe.

These ideas could even be part of the Corporate member incentives. CM would be required to view??

Just thinkin':dontknow:

M

McRabbet

I agree, Barbara! How about "Giving Back" or "Charitable Projects" for the first and "Social Circle" for the second one...

cskipper

Cathy
I like the forum ideas, but am not sure how they are a Corporate Member benefit. I think CM membership is a great idea for the crawls and for being able to suggest a charitable projects. However, making it a CM benefit would mean that non-CM members couldn't join in at the lunches and regional get-togethers, or participate in making things for the charitable causes?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I like this as well.

Would make project information easy to find, and hopefully stick out to remind some of us when we have some free time, there are things we could be doing.
When the site gets moving, it can be easy to miss some threads or lose them quickly.

Cathy I sort of agree about not requiring corporate membership for some activities, but - a shop crawl might differ. I remember some discussions from a long while back about inviting 'strangers' into our shops. A public restaurant or woodworking store doesn't carry the same weight as our shops. granted regular visits online don't vouch for one's character, but it gives us some chance. thoughts?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
We should have a teleconference soon and depending on what we decide I will create the new forums.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Not to hijack my own thread:gar-La; but...
If we were structured so that after a minimum post count and time here, like the DQ status, Corp. Membership would be required to participate more in depth. The only real bait we have is the DQ opportunity. Of course, members already DQ would be grandfathered.

Back to the original subject of new Forum additions, like most businesses we need to refresh and repackage our product. But unlike most businesses, it aught to really be improved not just advertised as it is:wwink:

Thanks for considering my ideas!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure how mandatory Corporate Membership for higher levels of participation would go over with most members. We have a large membership # that is not really that active. Nonetheless, advertisers would probably want a view time audit if the membership suddenly dropped. Not saying people couldn't or wouldn't stay on, but DQ & Corporate should go hand in hand to a degree, with Corporate being a higher tier.

cskipper

Cathy
I was thinking about a forum for charitable/giving back opportunities. This could be a terrific idea, and then I think of the few that love to stir the pot. I can just see someone coming up with a project that most would totally disagree with. I think we'd need to build in some safe-guards to be sure and stay within our purpose.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was thinking about a forum for charitable/giving back opportunities. This could be a terrific idea, and then I think of the few that love to stir the pot. I can just see someone coming up with a project that most would totally disagree with. I think we'd need to build in some safe-guards to be sure and stay within our purpose.

Again just my 2 cents worth. To protect against the JM's of the world, all "charitable/giving back opportunities" must have at least one BoD member as a co-sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS