Thought this was bigger, glad it's not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I met Rob (McRabbet) Down in Winston this morning. Very nice of him to help a widow sell her late hubbies tools.

Got the drill press home in my Forester, had planned to take the truck but my son changed my plans for me. :rotflm:

IMG_3204.JPG

Did a little minor rust cleanup and everything works perfectly! As good...NO, BETTER than a new Craftsman drill press. And it has 4 and 1/2 inch spindle travel. WOO HOO!!

IMG_3207.JPG

For some reason I was thinking it was a 17 inch, I never would have got that size in the Subaru, nor carried it into the shop nor had room for it in my exponentially shrinking space. :BangHead:

As soon as I can get some wood I am going to add a lean to shed on the back of the shop.

GOT TO HAVE MORE SPACE!

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice drill press Mike, I am sure you already know but just in case you do not, 3 key words for limited shop space........WHEELS -WHEELS- WHEELS:gar-La; My 24x24 shop is rapidly losing floor space as I finally get machines set up but I am putting everything on wheels so it all should work out :wsmile:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Glenn,

I no longer have room to move anything. I would have to put the tablesaw outside to wheel the drill press against the wall.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Mike, Congratulations on the Drill Press, You're gonna love it. I just bought a new(used) 17" DP, the motor develops more hp and it has more depth than my old 12" 1/2hp model, but I still don't see that much of a difference. The 15-1/2" will serve you well, and the quill travel is fantastic.

Good Luck with it,

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
There is a milled out place on the back of the table for a rotary table, anybody seen one of those? Can they still be had? Anybody got one one you don't need? Want to trade or sell?

M

McRabbet

Mike,

It was my pleasure to deliver the DP to you today in W-S. And I really enjoyed spending more than a half-hour of chat time, too! I'm glad you were able to get it cleaned up and installed in your shop this afternoon -- It looked to be in great shape and you certainly got a bargain there!

After refilling my truck to the tune of nearly $60, I headed south to Salisbury and then up to Steve Sanders place in Mt. Ulla to deliver his box of goodies -- another satisfied customer! Unfortunately, I couldn;t get any pictures as sadly I left my digital camera out in a brief rain shower last week and it has refused to fire up.... Steve and I chatted for another half hour, too and he generously donated some of his recently acquired maple and cherry to our WNCWA toy-making efforts -- thanks, Steve!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice drill press, and a great story Rob. I also met Steve Sanders this weekend. Really nice guy with a really big band saw!!!:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice score Mike. I know what you mean about not having enough room.....I can fit maybe one more tool, but then I can't do anymore projects bigger than a jewelry box.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Bas,

That's where I was before this drill press. I'm not sure I have room to make a jewelry box now.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice drill press, Mike!:icon_thum Looks like it will serve you well...maybe if you start stacking tools you'll have more room to work??:gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Look around Randy!

I've already got two lathes stacked on top of my main turner, mini drill press on top of the planer, boxes of tools on top of tools...

I guess it's time for another give-away??????

What will it be? :eusa_thin

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That 15 1/2" drill press probably takes up quite a bit of space. I suggest you give that one away, and just use the mini one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS