Those who wanted fire extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Several weeks ago I posted this thread offering fire extinguisher for members of this forum.

I deeply regret that I will not be able to make this happen. I am not willing to discuss the reasons on a public forum so I ask that you trust me that the reasons are justified.

I thought the response would be good and it was, bigger than I thought it would be. Again I apoligize to the members here for having to withdraw the offer.

Bryan

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Several weeks ago I posted this thread offering fire extinguisher for members of this forum.

I deeply regret that I will not be able to make this happen. I am not willing to discuss the reasons on a public forum so I ask that you trust me that the reasons are justified.

I thought the response would be good and it was, bigger than I thought it would be. Again I apoligize to the members here for having to withdraw the offer.

Bryan

If I remember correctly you told us in the original post that it was not a sure thing. So there are no need for apologies as far as I am concerned. Thanks for your gallant effort:thumbs_up

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Ditto! But seeing as how there was so much interest maybe we should try to organize a group buy with a company that sells fire extinguishers. What ya all think?

Doug

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Doug, good point! I could use more fire extinguishers.

Of course, no problem Bryan, it could turn out that you did a good public service by reminding us all that we need these.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
As in the thread by Bryan I would be interested in two. I would be interested in a group buy.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I would be willing to help with this. The outfit we deal with at the hospital is T&S Fire and Security on Randleman Rd in south Greensboro. I will contact them next week if you want and get prices on 5 and 10 pound ABC bottles. I know they discount the hospital pretty steep and I'm sure prices would vary depending on quantity.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I bought two 10 pound ABCs through the office at work a couple years ago. If I remember correctly they were $65 each. I could be way off, its been a while.

But, I'm sure the company had a discount for multiple units.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Can't lose what you never had. Thanks for trying Bryan. It's like woodworking. Sometimes, you end up with a nice piece of furniture, sometimes you end up with scrap. But it was woodworking either way.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Thanks for trying Brian. I might be interested in new ones, depending on price.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

bitbight

New User
Ray
Bryan, it never was a sure thing anyway as you said in your post. I for one would like to thank you for the effort anyway. You bought the thought of safety to everyone's mind and that is never a bad thing.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
What a great thought and intent you had to share some good fortune with us all! Thank you for the thought.
Sometimes things work out, and sometimes they don't. No need to air the reasons imho.
Sure seems that a lot of us need some extinguishers. Glad to see the interest.
DON'T DROP THE BALL Y'ALL.
You wanted them so you must need them. Group buy or individually - get the extinguishers.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It has already been said but THANKS for the effort. At least you tried and it is the thought that counts. If your efforts gets one person to buy an extinguisher, who does not have one, then you might have saved a life.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
If a group buy don't work out, you might want to check out Sam's Club. A couple of years ago when I was in the market for them SC had the best value of size vs price.
Rob

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks again Brian - you have made all of us really stop and think about fire safety - thanks again

sawduster

New User
Robert
Dood, the fact that you were ready, willing and able to stumble through the logistics of such an undertaking speaks volumes of your commitment to this site and your fellow WWers :icon_thum :eusa_clap

That gets you big rockage in my book bro :icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Brian, let me join in and repeat what others have said.
Thank you for trying to make it happen for us!
I appreciate the safety thoughts and willingness to go the extra several miles for all of us sawdust generators!

I'd be interested in a group buy if it organizes.
Jim

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Hey bro, no worries and a big thanks again for trying to put it together.

Made me get the 2 I had on hand accessible, which is a good thing considering that about 2-3 weeks later I needed one to put out a car fire in front of our house. Our old car that we were thinking about sprucing up had a front break lock up and it got so hot the pads caught on fire. Thanks to the reminder from your thread I was able to calmly go directly to the small kitchen extinguisher, since it was the closest to where I was standing when I saw the flames coming through the rim, grab it and return to put out the fire before it got out of hand. Which reminds me I need to get a replacement since that one is now half spent. :icon_thum

So thanks to you I wasn't running around looking for an extinguisher instead of putting out the fire.:notworthy:

Brian.

sapwood

New User
Roger
No worries, Bryan.
It was a generous gesture and from the replies the overall impact was positive :icon_thum

Appreciatively,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS