This chaps my britches

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So we have a registrant in the moderation queue for being out of area. Victor Polonskiy, with a postal code from somewhere in Italy. He has put me down as a referral. I don't know him, but I do remember him trying to register back in July of '06. Little did he know that DaveO is also the one who checks the registration queue....POOF!!!!!:kamahlitu
I am glad that this is such a great site that people will do all kinds of crazy things to try and join. Too bad they aren't smart enough to look up a NC town zip code, and just provide that information. That would bypass all the automated location security programing.

Rant off, have a nice day :gar-Bi

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thats why we need the NCWW Low Earth Orbit Satellite.

Then we can verify people using lasers!

Jim

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
My head already looks like it's got a bar code on it from bumping into that transmission jack under my truck this week! :gar-La;
Dave, any chance this guy could be deployed in Italy? Don't know if we have any bases there or not.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My head already looks like it's got a bar code on it from bumping into that transmission jack under my truck this week! :gar-La;
Dave, any chance this guy could be deployed in Italy? Don't know if we have any bases there or not.

If he is he should have told us so in his "Non resident membership request" I pay particular attention to that. Slipping in the "fact" that the top poster recommended him ain't gonna fly, when he doesn't know him.

How many members did we have in July of 06, two or three hundred?

586 and he slipped in during Monty's workbench thread...when we were all googlied eyed :)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

Are you saying that Italy isn't one of the states that touches North Carolina just because there's some water in between?

:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I still haven't read this thread, I can't get over the chapping my britches part. I guess I've finally lived here long enough to appreciate such a fine title :)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

There are actually over 100 US military installations in Italy, but four or five major ones:

• Aviano Air Base, Pordenone
  • Caserma Ederle, Vicenza
  • San Vito Dei Normanni Air Station, near Brindisi
  • Naval Air Station Sigonella, near Catania, Sicily
  • Camp Darby, near Pisa and Livorno
additionally, there is a rather large naval post which also plays host to an Army logistics battalion in Naples, but apparently the five above are larger.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I still haven't read this thread, I can't get over the chapping my britches part. I guess I've finally lived here long enough to appreciate such a fine title :)

It's actually a hybrid cross between Burns my Britches and Chaps my ***. I thought the later wasn't appropriate and like like saying Chaps over Burns.

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice catch Dave :eusa_clap I hope you realize that this also validates that your memory skills are still very sharp. :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS