Thinking out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike Davis is doing a series of sharpening work shops. They fit very well with our education mission. A mission we really need to do more of. I think we, NCWW, should support these and help to cover any costs. What I am thinking is $50.00 per session to cover any materials, drinks, and lunch costs.

I just want to get your thoughts.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Bad idea to pay Mike or anyone else without a black ink policy. Such things can cause as much hate and discontent as the raffle fiasco. I've held 3 jigs workshops and it never occurred to me to be reimbursed. Is this something requested by Mike?

If the board feels this is a good idea, then a per seat allowance may be a better approach. Afterall, once such a practice is started, it will be presumed policy.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is coming from me. Just thinking out loud. The idea was to not pay anyone just to cover any costs associated with putting a "work shop" on. The end goal is to encourage more people to put on work shops for the good of all.

I do agree we should think about a formal policy. Trent can you please add this as a potential discussion item at our next BoD meeting.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Read. You each have great points. I'll add it to the agenda for the next meeting. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Read-
It seems like a good intent but the pessimist in me stays wary.
I appreciate the thought Scott but guidelines of what would qualify and what wouldn't, and why - could be conveniently misinterpreted for you like him but not me....
I can see well me and billybob had plans but nobody showed so we sat around and just drank a few beers so why don't we get money.

Maybe too many years of dealing with a fire department that was once SO service oriented and now you can't get anything done unless you are waving cash in their faces have jaded me I think.
I'll reserve judgement and hope.......

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have no problem helping to promotoe other's educational endeavors. However, unless NCWW is running the show there is no way to make sure the efforts do not run affoul of the non-profit rules. Further, there are certainly other issues with which we, as an organization, might not be in agreement with.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the comments....As always two heads, or more, are better then one.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I know that we're not supposed to "conduct formal business via the internet," etc, but has a consensus been reached on this one? AKA- should it not be included in the next conference call agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS