Things i have learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I think I my have learned a couple of things:eusa_thin
1. When people pay for things they take better care of them.
2. It's sometimes easyer to make something then to fix it (but that could be just my state of mind)

Most of you remember when I made a donations box, well it got broke (the top was broke), I dont know how, dropped?, something dropped on it? who knows.
It was brought to me to fix, did she ask me if I would please fix it NO, or if i would fix it NO, she said it's broke YOU HAVE TO FIX IT:kamahlitu

In my younger days I might have just told her what to do with it and walked away, guess I am getting soft now:BangHead:
I repaired it but didnt spend a lot of time on it, so its not as good as new, at least I dont think so.

box21.jpg

box11.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
3. It's easier to break things than to make or repair them
4. I don't get why you'd give her a tube of KY, but who cares. KY is always funny.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what broke, and what you repaired. Is it the top trim piece in the first picture? Looks good as new to me!

Bas.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I edited the lang. a little, tonned it down some.

Sorry I didnt get a before picture, the top was cracked almost in half

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
1. evidently it was a valuable/liked box or it would not have been brought back to be fixed.
2. Sounds like someone was embarr***ed ;-) as to why it got broke. thus the short Fix it statement.

Hope this helps.

I know how it feels, we all do at some point in time.

Heck here is one for you. My wife drops and breaks a picture frame. Not the glass, just the frame.
She brings the frame into the shop and tells me to fix it.
She then puts the glass and what ever was behind it down on a stack of her designing magazines, laying horitzontal.
A week goes by and she forgets about the glass and she bumps into this stack of magazines.
She slices her lower right leg. Not just a cut but slices it all the way to the bone, and cuts all the muscles and tendons. Not to mention the nerve bundle that gives you feeling to the lower part of your leg. 2 1/2 hours of surgery and 28 staples to close the wound.
She has been in a hot *** cast for the past 6 weeks. (That'll teach her for demanding me to fix something that she broke in that tone of voice).:icon_thum
But hey hold the horse's. It's her right leg, she can't drive, she has this cast from just below her knee all the way down.
So guess what, I have to drive her to and from work, and everywher else her highness desires to go. :eusa_doh:Not to mention that she is not allowed to put any pressure at all on this leg.
So guess who has to do all of the house hold chores.:crybaby2::crybaby2: YePPP you got it:lol:

Us Men just cant win. For if the women aint happy, guess what, WE ain't happy.

You just have to suck it up and keep charging. Now where is that glass of scotch:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Travis

New User
Travis
As my Granda Pa used to say, "no good deed shall go unpunished" and then there is one of my favorite quotes,

"if you take in a stray dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you, this is the principle difference between a man and a dog.

Mark Twain

BTW, great repair job.

J

jeff...

As my Granda Pa used to say, "no good deed shall go unpunished" and then there is one of my favorite quotes,

"if you take in a stray dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you, this is the principle difference between a man and a dog.

Mark Twain

BTW, great repair job.

Those are great quotes - I like "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"

Travis

New User
Travis
Yep, Mark Twain is great. I used to have as my signature..

"assuming is good, but finding out is better"

Mark

cskipper

Cathy
Skyshark - just be glad that she hasn't connected the dots that had you immediately fixed the frame, the glass would have been back in it and none of the rest would have happened! If she does, not only will you still be doing everything, but she'll remind you it was really your fault! Hope there's no permanent nerve damage to her leg.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Rudeness should only be answered with extreme kindness, for only then will you be able to say years later "yes, You were rude".

There is great wisdom in that statement Mike. :-D I only wish I could remember it when people get my ire up by being rude. :slap:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I am in the business of occasionally making people mad....sometimes very mad. Often, I have likewise become mad when it gets to that point. It takes great tact to bring things back to a sane level, and sometimes is great fun.... There are even times when the client comes to see me as a benefactor of sorts when it is all said and done. It is quite clear that you are the benefactor here, Earl, and I wish I had seen your original language on this subject.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
You need to offer the same type warranty that I give to my customers: 5 minutes or 50,000 miles; which ever comes first.

After the project leaves my hands and money changes over I am no longer responsible for the item. If it is a failure on the construction due to a fault of mine, of course I will fix it. But let some one bring me a project that has been carelessly abused, and they better bring their wallet as well... Hourly rate just went up partner....

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well, it would be nice if the donation box had been "filled" when she returned it. :lol:

There are those that give more than they take and those that take more than they give. You are a giver and should be proud of it.

You did a fine job, Earl, it looks great! :icon_thum

Chuck

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
And lets not forget :bduh: if there is a 50% chance you could be right there is a 90% probability you are wrong!:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS