Thiis is as close as I get

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I took drafting in high school, but I don't usually draw plans. In this case I need customer (daughter) approval.
So a quick drawing of a riding train engine.

458CFA8C-9FEE-4E1F-A6DD-DFFF3D4E6199.jpeg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I like your daughter's revisions. My great grandkids have a few riding toys with the storage compartment under the seat. Great place to store matchbox cars, cookies, chips, PB&J sandwiches, etc., etc. 😂

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Scott, It's about 9"wide x about 8-9 to top of seat x 19-20" long

Rear wheels are 5 inch cart wheels holding 1500 pounds each, front castor wheels are 2 inch wheel total height of 2.5 inch with ball bearings holding 300 pounds each and both front and rear have polyurethane rubber, non-marking wheels. The wheels are way overkill but they are usually the weakest point of breakage.

Looking for polyurethane rubber covering for cow-catcher style front bumper.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Rear wheels are 5 inch cart wheels holding 1500 pounds each, front castor wheels are 2 inch wheel total height of 2.5 inch with ball bearings holding 300 pounds each and both front and rear have polyurethane rubber, non-marking wheels. The wheels are way overkill but they are usually the weakest point of breakage.

Thinking out loud but maybe someone on the site with a 3D printer can make the front bumper.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member

I don't think there is such a thing as overkill when designing a child's toy. They could break an anvil with a banana.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Pardon my late critic. But I think a fender over the rear wheel is needed.
From the pictureCapture.JPG
The fender provides two things. Protection, from the wheels, for the child legs when pushing them self and a place to rest their legs when being pushed.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors