There Was a crawl Yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
I wanted to make it official that there was a shop crawl that took place yesterday, and we now have proof.

First I want to thank Bill Clemmons for organizing the event, I know it had to have taken quite a bit of effort to do. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I believe we had about 20 crawlers in total and I had a great time ,even though I was exhausted when I got home. I met some new members, members I had not met and a couple I have not seen in a couple of years. There were 5 stops total ending up at Bills, and wow what a shop bill has :icon_thum. I would like to thank you for the positive comments many made on the chest I am in the progress of finishing up, that has really been a challenge.

For those taking pics there is a triad shop crawl gallery to upload your photos to.There were many photographers in the mix so more photos should be uploaded.

Here is an unofficial group shot I took at The Hardwood Store. I guess this makes it official that the crawl did happen.

the_crawl_0060.jpg

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
What a day!

Saw some great stuff and had a great time :)

Big thanks to the Hardwood Store, Lecil, Bryan, Steve and Bill for opening their shops to us.

I had no idea how clean other folks kept their shops :)

An extra special big thank you to Bill for pulling together a wonderful day. I know how much work goes into a Crawl and Bill hit one out of the park!

You can see pics in our Gallery: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=2387

Here are just a few to get you started!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all the folks who generously opened their shops to us on the Crawl yesterday: Cheryl, Jeff, and Tom at The Hardwood Store; Lecil Alexander; Bryan Somers; and Steve Wedge. Without your generosity and support, wonderful events like Shop Crawls would not be possible. THANK YOU! :notworthy:

Bill

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
What a great trip! We saw four very different shops ; size , equipment , organization, location. There are a lot of ways to set up a workspace. But they all seemed to have the same purpose, to relax and create something useful. And of course to save a few bucks by doing it yourself. I did notice that we all seem to enjoy finding a good bargain too!
I enjoyed meeting a bunch of nice guys , and ladies, with a common interest. We had plenty of time to to talk sawdust. I picked up some good ideas .
Thanks Bill for "herding cats" all day.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Jim, your shot through the trees is really cool. I like that. And Comet the shop dog thanks you for making him a celebrity. :gar-La; I gave him a candy bar after everyone was gone.

Bill

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Yes, and I enjoyed seeing how others solve issues.
Thank you Lecil, Steve, Bill, who organized the caravan, and Bryan, who went out of his way to drive me
around for the PM stops. Had a great time.
Can't seem to find a way to post the photos.
Ed

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ed, click on the Files, Links, & Photos tab in the brown tool bar at the top of the page & go to the Upload Photos section. You should be able to figure it out from there. If not, let us know.
Glad you enjoyed the day.

bwat

New User
Bill
Thanks to all who opened their shops to us!:icon_thum It was a great day of visiting and learning. A special thanks to Bill Clemmons for all the time he put into the organization and keep us on schedule. Most appreciated! Thanks again:icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Yes, and I enjoyed seeing how others solve issues.
Thank you Lecil, Steve, Bill, who organized the caravan, and Bryan, who went out of his way to drive me
around for the PM stops. Had a great time.
Can't seem to find a way to post the photos.
Ed

You are quite welcome Ed, I was glad to have someone along. It was a pleasure talking with you.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Jim, you're the first person who ever called my shop "clean":gar-La;

As with all of these crawls, I had a blast and, even though I've been to Bill's shop before, it's ALWAYS worth the trip.

Lecil, you sort of reminded me that I miss not having a cellar - even though my previous shop had a 6 1/2' ceiling full of pipes and wires and was only 7' wide. Love the shot through the grove of Picea vinylensis. :rotflm:

Bryan, that is a great piece of furniture you've got in progress there.

I'll await the next crawl!

:kermit:Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS