The Story of Dick Proenneke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss600r

New User
Steve
Ever see that show where some idiot goes to Alaska attempting to do 3 months I believe, but he goes 6 weeks before any hunting season opens....... and no skills

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I didn't look at your link, but I have the VHS tape. Dick Proenneke does some amazing wood work on his log cabin with the very minimum of hand tools. And to make packing the tools in to camp much lighter and smaller he took only the steel parts and made handles when he got there.

I thought about having a Proenneke woodworking workshop sometime. You can bring as many tools as you want, but they all have to fit in a backpack and the workshop would be out in the woods with no shop and no power.

Anybody interested?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Thanks for posting that.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up His skills are amazing. After watching the first video it is almost impossible not to watch the rest

ebarr

New User
Wayne
If you do searches on YouTube, you will see just how much has changed from the late 60's. The cabins now are made with supplies from the big box... I am sure there was a lot more to this story...i would love to see the footage that didn't make these videos.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
This whole series was on WUNC-TV a few years ago during one of the fundraising programs. I watched it from beginning to end. awesome adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS