the mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
OK guys this is not really a gloat more just a purchase i have recently acquired a new toy a chain saw mill. Not your typical mill...... great for the backyard user... light weight..about 85lbs with out the saw ... big on performance .....introducing the logosol M7 MILL it is amaseing how easly the saw is cranked thru the log so far i have cut cedar and red oak still need a little adjustments `leaves a extremely smooth face surface but i though you guys might like to see it ..... if you cant get log onit you can put it on the log thay make a smaller version for the woodworker

Attachments

• mill_07_1c.JPG
    mill_07_1c.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 172
  • MILL-07_23c.JPG
    MILL-07_23c.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 162
  • MILL-07_17c.JPG
    MILL-07_17c.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 167
  • MILL-07_08c.JPG
    MILL-07_08c.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 170

nelsone

New User
Ed
That's cool Barry! Do you have to have the chain filed special for the rip cuts or does it work OK with the standard file?

bman

New User
barry
it uses a rip chain leaves a 1\4 in kerf creates a little waste but you don't have to be a wood master to get great results either the package came with a power sharpener the high end kind bench mounted and adjustable it is pretty cool ........going to bulid a solar kiln next about 500bf

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Barry. Definitely a tool gloat. :icon_thum

YOU SUCK!!!

And it even comes with a place for your beer :lol:

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool, it looks like a fun [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool :icon_thum .
I hope that cold beer is just there for size comparison :lol:
BUSTED, and

YOU SUCK!!!!!

Dave:)

J

jeff...

what's the shortest thing you could saw on that? looks like it might be a great little bowl blank machine. I'm a little confused it looks like you cutting with the front of the saw vers the back or am I all wet? Glad to see you getting into to tree cycling sweet.

bman

New User
barry
well they say you can cut your own shingles so i would guess 18 inches if you can hold it you can cut it it has some attachments for small stuff 1\4 inch thick ....that small piece of cedar is 1\4 in thick ....the length as set is about 16.9 ft but you can put together any number of mills to get the length you want they set a world record of 118ft 2x4 by putting 7 mils together that must a been 1 long tree

take a log cut a cant out of it notch the cant put your blanks in raise and cut it will raise in 1\8 ant 1\4 inch increments independently per side

thanks guys and you are right i do SUCK
and i could not have done it with out the support of the LOML the projects are going backup now

bman

New User
barry
her are some better pics

Attachments

• MILL-07_22c.JPG
    MILL-07_22c.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 149
  • MILL-07_06c.JPG
    MILL-07_06c.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 165
  • MILL-07_20.JPG
    MILL-07_20.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 153
  • MILL-07_04c.JPG
    MILL-07_04c.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 153

Gone2dMtns

New User
Mike C.
Bman, that looks like a really cool unit. I went up to the M7 web site to gather some more detail. I like the design of the horizontal slide for the saw. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it takes two separate cranks to elevate the log into position. One question though, with the two cranks how do you accurately elevate the log to maintain a consistant thickness on subsequent cuts?

I've been dreaming of some low cost way to trailer in a unit to set up shop for some slab cutting. Right now I'm using my Granberg chainsaw mill and a crude concoction of 2x6x10's to get my first cut. That and my compact utility tractor (Bessie) I've been able to muddle my way through. I AM extremely jealous! :icon_thum

Mike C.

bman

New User
barry
Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it takes two separate cranks to elevate the log into position. One question though, with the two cranks how do you accurately elevate the log to maintain a consistant thickness on subsequent cuts?

you are not wrong it does have indepentent lifts ...but once set correctly you count the clicks 1 click = 1/4 inch or 1/8 depending on setting

procedure is first cut just shave a flat on the log flip it on lift set it for level you have a scale on each lift make the cut ....rase each side = number of clicks ex for 4/4 need 5 clicks i click for the saw kerf make the cut or you can cant the log into the size you want then:icon_thum slice and dice

once put together i was cutting with no problems pretty slick

if you or anyone would would like to see it pm me...... be happy to show it to you in person :-D :-D or we could do some cutting for you for $$$ or wood

J

jeff...

Oh I get it, it's modeled after the old circular blade ratchet mill, 1 click = 1 inch, 2 clicks = 2" and so on... Seems yours is configurable for a click to be 1/8 or a 1/4, if yours is set on 1/4, 5 clicks would get you an 1" board? I assume at least 1/4" for a chain kerf. Pretty slick, it's also a built in clicak'able toe, so you can cut your first and second face parallel with the pith.

Pretty cool... and oh by the way since I forgot YOU SUCK

bman

New User
barry
yeah you will have to get by to check it out .....with a homemade jig you can do octagon posts tapered or not .....check out this pic the top is about 1" square the bottom is 6 inch i think i am going to hang a light off it....i was just playing around with a small cedar my son got on a landscapeing job
Maye'sPropertyManagment

www.MayePM.com his web site needs work ...i guess i will have to fixit for him .....pm me if his services are needed

cheap plug !!!!!!! got keep the free wood comming

Attachments

• MILL-07_12.jpg
    MILL-07_12.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 175

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Maye'sPropertyManagment

www.MayePM.com his web site needs work ...i guess i will have to fixit for him .....pm me if his services are needed

cheap plug !!!!!!! got keep the free wood comming

Yep, it needs some work :lol: If he comes down to the Wake Forest/ N. Raleigh area I would be happy to hand him all the work that is too small for the company I work for to handle. I get request all the time for jobs that just really aren't in our scope of work and would be great for someone starting up or with a smaller scale business.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS