The Classifieds "Contact Seller" Link is Now Working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Ethan
As of about 3am yesterday (6/28) morning, I was able to complete debugging the issue we have been having with regard to the "Contact Seller" link not working in our Classifieds.

Specifically, when an interested party would submit a comment to the seller by means of the "Contact Seller" link, everything would seem to work just fine and the user would receive a screen "confirming" that the message was sent successfully. However, the seller would never receive the submitted message via Private Message. Needless to say, this was creating a lot of confusion, grief, and even hurt feelings due to the misunderstandings it created -- nobody likes to feel like they are being ignored! Unfortunately, the author of our Classifieds Plugin has never bothered to correct this issue. Fortunately, I finally had a window of a few days where things had slowed down enough that I could dedicate a few days to debugging this issue. I was able to locate the source of the bug and correct it so that the "Contact Seller" link now works as it should.

So, in closing, buyers and sellers -- it is now Ok to submit your comments and questions via the "Contact Seller" links without having to wonder if your message was actually received.

I apologize for the grief it has caused everyone and I would have very much liked to have seen the author fix the bug, but sometimes they don't and we simply have to take ownership of the issue and pursue an independent solution (when possible). Unfortunately, bugs like this take a good many resources and a fair bit of time to track down and correct -- especially when the codebase you are fixing is not of your own design or logic.

workingwood

New User
workingwood
I am glad you were able to get this resolved. Although I am new to this site and have not used many of the features it is always good to see things get resolved. I am a technology person at heart and by trade. If you ever run into a problem and need some assistance with it I would be happy to help out. As a plug for myself I own a technology company that has been going strong for 6 years now working on the 7th. My company supports all types of software, network, database, and mobile applications and problems. As I don't want to plug my own company on this site as an advertisement, I will leave it at if you need anything please feel free to send me a private message and I will see what I or one of my employees can assist you with.

Glad to see the problem was resolved.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Are you sure it's working???
I have stuff for sale but no one has contacted me!!!

pete 128_17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS