The beginings of my Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I finally got the client approval for the Japanese style Tea House that we want to make for him and utilize at the Southern Ideal Home Show. Got the wood today. Got to give a big Thank-You to Bill Campbell at Select Forest Products for coordinating with Plunket-Webster to get the stock we needed. Select is a specialty hardwood flooring company dealing in wide and exotic plank flooring. They bought out a Jack Daniels distillery for the Chestnut Oak beams and cask wood. MMMM, whiskey scented wood floor :drunken_s

GGtableandteahouse010.jpg

I now have 2 weeks to build a knock down Tea House, and install it a the show 8-O
I am sure that I will pick y'alls brains on this project, luckily we simplified it some, but it's still a tough one.

P.S. I plan to get more info on Select Forest Products and include them in our suppliers list. While they only dealing in flooring, they were just great to deal with.

Dave:)

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I cant wait to see pictures of it.
I will just have to be careful and make sure my wife isnt around when i look at the pictures :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Earl, when I am done, I can build you and your wife one, and it will have less mistakes:lol: :lol:

erasmussen

New User
RAS
I am SURE she would love to have one.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, no one has pointed out the big old bow in one of the 6X6 Redwood timbers :BangHead: :BangHead: We worked on this deal for too long and ran out of time to order the stock we needed. So I had to take what I could find locally. Those are the last Redwood 6 X 6's that Capital City Lumber has in stock, and they won't be able to get anymore due to current logging restrictions in California. The rest of the structure will be out of Western Cedar (Thuja sp.) but there was a two week or greater turn around time to get the timbers in WC :BangHead: Guess which is going in the back :oops:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking stack of lumber there Dave. I can't wait to see the WIP pix. Say.........isn't that big 6x6 redwood timber laying on the far right of the photo bowed a bit?:lol:

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Another bold undertaking DaveO!

I'm confident it will be a resounding success :icon_thum

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS