Thanx Steviegwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Steviegwood was generous enough to share some wood recently which was delivered to me earlier this week by Glenn ( I had an awesome time talking shop and puttin on the feedbag witchoo bro :icon_thum )
The majority of the wood was extras and rejects from a cabinet shop. Maple and oak mostly . There was a nice stack of small cabinet doors and I just had to do something with one of them

apache3.jpg

My pattern , I scrolled the figure in the still-intact door and then cut a piece of ERC to fit the opening in the back
The panel being suspended in the door was challenging , Since it did not sit flat against the deck it was difficult to remove so much wood without breaking the piece

Thanx to Steve for the wood and Glenn for hossin' it down here to me :eusa_danc

#3 spiral , light BLO and Deft

Thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Robert, you keep exceeding expectations. That is outstanding. I don't think I have ever seen someone scroll-saw an intact cabinet door. The results are spectacular. Man way to think out of the box :icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
:notworthy::notworthy:Awesome my friend, awesome:icon_thum:icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
A much belated thanks from me also Steviegwood, The only plans I have so far for my portion of the wood is rather mundane drawer fronts :gar-La; Robert has put it to much prettier use. Robert, thanks for a great evening with you and your lady. :wsmile:

bitbight

New User
Ray
The idea of the scroll-sawing in a cabinet door is excellent. Now if you were to take that picture, and also make another door with the female and wolf, then actually install the doors in a kitchen cabinet. That would make an awesome kitchen display.

cskipper

Cathy
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap How in the world did you keep it from breaking while cutting it????????

sawduster

New User
Robert
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap How in the world did you keep it from breaking while cutting it????????

New , sharp blade , fairly fast saw speed but I cut it s-l-o-w-l-y . I made all the interior cuts with the spiral , taking them to the edge, Then finished cutting the edges with a flat blade

....I also held my breath a lot :gar-La;

scrollski

New User
Jim
Great piece. When did you cut that, after I left Saturday? Your fast. You were taking the panels out your truck Saturday afternoon. It did not take you long to find something in that panel...:icon_thum

Jim (scrollski)

DavidF

New User
David
You've raised the bar again Robert, astounding piece and defininately thinking outside the box

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
AAAHHHHHH you did it again. Fantastic job. What a great idea, LOVE it. Gives me ideas of what I would like to try in my kitchen if I can ever talk Dick into redoing my kitchen again. Where did you find cedar thin enough and large enough to use as a backing?
rita :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi Y'all, I just saw this post. An awesome cutting " BRO" . You are both very welcome for the wood. Robert I have found that you can insert a flat piece of the insert material in the back of those doors (I think 1/8" ) making the backs level and cut them like stack cutting. It at least fills the void. Love the cutting. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors