Thanks To a True in Spirit NC Woodworker, Russ Denz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I recently replied to a classified ad that Russ Denz posted when he found some unused items that he could sell for a fair price. I was particularly interested in the bead forming tools in 1/4 and 3/8. We exchanged PM's and I paid via paypal. Russ acknowledged my payment immediately and started the shipping process. In starting the shipping process he realized that he had sold the 1/4 beading tool without remembering it. He took the liberty of purchasing a new one from a vendor at retail price and had it shipped to me. He contacted me after he had all his ducks in a row to tell me what had happened. I was impressed by his response and honesty. The 1/4 inch tool arrived yesterday ahead of schedule. This is the kind of friendship that makes North Carolina Woodworker what it is. I am sure Russ lost money on this deal but he followed through with the deal and in my opinion is a true gentleman. Russ, I publicly thank you for your friendly spirit and honesty. You carry the spirit of NCWW to a new level.

mgberry

New User
Matt
Wow....What a story! Its those kind of stories that make you realize the quality of folks that exist in woodworking.

Matt

Truefire

New User
Chris
Wow how unique that i should find this post. That is my buddy Russ! Always going the extra mile for people. :eusa_clap

Chris

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Russ is definitely one heck of a guy. :icon_thum He gave us several pointers and recommended tons of cool things for Christy and I to do on our trip to Kauai (he lived there for a while). He took the time to write me several emails and even called me with some info. Without him, our trip wouldn't have been anywhere near as AWESOME as it was. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Your story is just another testament to his character and generosity. Thanks for sharing Tracy, and Russ, thanks for everything that you do for this community. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

timf67

New User
Tim
I too recently bought turning tools from Russ and I have nothing but praise for him! :icon_thum

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Let me tell you about my RUSS encounters. As you may know, I am a novice, truly green, to this craft and lack a tremendous amount of knowledge. Well Russ being the man he is has spent time with me like a patient teacher. My first visit was to purchase a Bosch TS, Rockler cross cut sled and other accessories that he had listed on our site at a very fair price. Once I got home Russ called me and asked was the blade guard with the TS. It wasn't and after a couple days searching, Russ purchased a new blade guard and had it shipped to me.

On my next trip, my workshop tool collection increased exponentially with a planer, several wood species and other accessories all at a very fair or should I say "more than fair" exchange and some fresh roasted coffee to boot.

I recently purchased a biscuit joiner from Russ it was shipped and received extremely quickly. To top it off I received a $10 refund in my paypal acct from Russ a day later. Can you all see my wifes eyes roll when I get home from a Russ adventure.

Russ, you are truely a gentle and genuine man but most of all I treasure your friendship. Along with Tracy, I also publicly thank you for your friendly spirit and honesty. You carry the spirit of NCWW to a new level.

Thank you,

Kave (to my friends) Kettrell (to everyone else):eek:ccasion1

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Mahalo nui loa to all of you ( you can take the man out of Hawaii, but you can't take the aloha out of the man). I am truly humbled by your kind thoughts and words, but I'm still not sure I "get it", nor am I alone deservant of the praise. Simply put, I only did what I considered the right thing to do given the circumstances, as I am sure you would have, too. That's a big part of the reason this is my home base for woodworking forums: YOU; I'm just happy I can be of some help.

now if I can only get rid of all the rest of the "must haves":rotflm:I've acquired in the past 4 years...and break my impulsive habit:icon_cheers

Thanks again to all of you!!

Russ

p.s.: anybody want to buy a nice property out in Edgecombe County??

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Thanks to you guys I was feeling pretty good about myself and so last night I showed these posts to my wife.

Well...after reading them, she said "That's really cool, honey - now will you believe me when I tell you you're getting forgetful?!"

Spoken like a true Venutian princess...after 40+ years of marriage. Whaddayagonna do?? tooo funny!:dontknow:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Russ, but this is exactly the sort of spirit I have come to know
from the people I have met here at NCWW.
Russ, kudos for doing what you thought was the right thing!
Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS