Thanks Scott Smith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I had a great time this morning out at Scott Smith's farm in New Hill. Thanks for the hospitality (and the oak!).

I also bought my first planer today. I cannot wait to turn all my wood into dust so I can visit Scott again :).

Good luck Scott, I hope to be buying 16" wide quarter sawn oak from you soon!

Salem

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I had a great time this morning out at Scott Smith's farm in New Hill. Thanks for the hospitality (and the oak!).

I also bought my first planer today. I cannot wait to turn all my wood into dust so I can visit Scott again :).

Good luck Scott, I hope to be buying 16" wide quarter sawn oak from you soon!

Salem

16" wide quarter sawn oak :eek:

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Scott's farm was the highlight of the Raleigh shop crawl for me. I still talk about that visit to friends and family. :)

I'd like to buy some wood from him someday, but I'm not sure how it works since I've never seen him advertise or anything. Scott if you're around, do you work by appointment or something like that?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Salem, thanks much for your kind words and also for your purchase! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you yesterday and look forward to showing you the progress on my projects. The best part of my business is getting to visit with folks like you and learning more about your interests, projects, families, etc. Thanks for taking the time to visit.

Jeff, re 16" quartersawn oak... well I've got to do something with those big logs, right??? Next month we need to pry you and your mill out of Granville county and bring it down south to play with some REAL logs!

Pete, thanks for your interest. Sometime during Q2 I will have my quartersawn oak business up and running, and there will be a web site (www.quartersawnoak.com) where wood can be purchased from. It will included video's showing the grain patterns on the S2S lumber, so that folks can browse the selection at any time of the day or night that they wish, from their homes, businesses and offices.

At present, I only have a few hundred board feet of inventory in stock (#1 and 2 common flat sawn and QS KD oak) as my primary focus for the past several months has been on building the new equipment building. That will change soon though as I start getting equipment set up and operational. If you can use #1 or 2 common in the interim, please send me a PM and we can set up an appointment for you to stop by.

Scott

ps - the web site is under development; all that exists on it right now (Feb '09) is the basic template from the software company, which has nothing to do with wood...

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Jeff, re 16" quartersawn oak... well I've got to do something with those big logs, right??? Next month we need to pry you and your mill out of Granville county and bring it down south to play with some REAL logs!

I'm good for 24" between the guides, 51" tall and 15" maximum depth of cut. Personally would like to see some 24" wide QS oak boards fall off the mill.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Thanks for the reply Scott, I made a shortcut to your link for when the time comes. Right now I'm in the middle of a project and have enough for my next one, so I'm good for a bit.

And yes, I'm a little slow to reply sometimes... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS