Thanks Klingspor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I received a card in the mail a day or two ago for a few sanding kit from Klingspor. I don't know if it was to make amends for their last mailing that wasn't received so well by many, or just a nice offer on their part, nonetheless, it was appreciated. I stopped by today on my lunch break and got the kit. There is a quite a good value of sanding products in it. I haven't gone through it all to see everything that was in it but what I did see impressed me. Of course I felt bad about just walking in a getting something for free so I took a look at their wood selection. While I was looking Paul enticed me with a spectacular piece of curly Maple, I shouldn't have got it but it was too pretty to leave behind. Of course some Walnut with crotch figure had to go along also...complimentary woods, you know :-D
So hopefully my wife will understand the bargain that I got...$90 in wood with a free sanding kit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
I got my flyer, but haven't gone in there yet, maybe this Sat. Is it worth the trip I might ask??? I haven't been there since we first moved to NC over two years ago!!

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Sounds like a bargain to me Dave. I have adopted my wife's shopping logic when it comes to deals on tools, etc...........

"Think of all the money I saved" :eusa_doh:

We can rationalize anything.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I got my flyer, but haven't gone in there yet, maybe this Sat. Is it worth the trip I might ask??? I haven't been there since we first moved to NC over two years ago!!

Yep, it's worth the trip . . . haven't gotten over there to receive my freebies, but I'm sure you'll find some wood blanks for the GW lathe ya can't resist.

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is it worth the trip I might ask??? I haven't been there since we first moved to NC over two years ago!!

David, it is in a tie for my favorite ww'ing store, WC be the other. They have a great selection of wood in rough, and if you get there soon enough they may still have some of the instrument grade curly Maple I snagged.

M

McRabbet

They only sent it to their special customers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I picked up my free sanding kit at the Hickory store a few weeks ago -- they sent out their flyer to their extra special customers sooner than Dave got his ... :eusa_doh: The kit has about 2 of their abrasives products and I've already used several items...

In addition, I took advantage of the "Customer Appreciation Days" discounts that they held a week ago -- I saved over $30 on my purchase of finishing materials (20% off on Behlen and General Finishes products was sweet!). And I got a chance to meet and chat with Coleman Fourshee, the overall Woodworking Shop Manager; no secret handshake required!

Rob

DavidF

New User
David
David, it is in a tie for my favorite ww'ing store, WC be the other. They have a great selection of wood in rough, and if you get there soon enough they may still have some of the instrument grade curly Maple I snagged.

Uhmmm, maybe a quick visit. I have to watch the time as either Otto will get me on the bedside cabinets or Steve will take "my" lathe away after 12 weeks:crybaby2: :crybaby2: Only 8 to go now I think.

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Since Klingspor is the subject I was wondering if those of us that do not live within driving distance of a store get the 10% discount on purchases via their web site? If so, how?
If I posted this in the wrong place please move.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Dave, your purchases were a little less than $100, so your wife should understand. You missed TWA on Tues. Sally (the speaker) had a piece of european spruce that she worked TWO WEEKS for. It will be the front of a violin. She was a VERY INTERESTING SPEAKER. I don't think any of us old f---s fell asleep during her presentation. By giving you a couple bucks (their actual costs) they got you to part with about $100. Pretty good return on investment. By the way mine came, it was from registration at IWF in 2000. Specific word used in the name.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Since Klingspor is the subject I was wondering if those of us that do not live within driving distance of a store get the 10% discount on purchases via their web site? If so, how?
If I posted this in the wrong place please move.

not sure, perhaps Coleman can elaborate when he sees this?

M

McRabbet

Since Klingspor is the subject I was wondering if those of us that do not live within driving distance of a store get the 10% discount on purchases via their web site?

Norm, as a Discount Qualified (DQ) member of the website, you are eligible for the 10% discount at their four stores. However, I am fairly certain that they will give you an online discount as well if you are registered online with a user name and password and provide them with your address information. (I know this because I'm President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association and members in that club get the discount through website purchases because we submitted our membership list to them.)

Here is what I would suggest. First, be sure that you have updated your Personal Profile by filling in the Picture ID Name (Site Navigation Bar > User Settings > Edit Your Profile; it is near the bottom of the edits). Next, Click on the North Carolina Woodworker Info choice on the Main menu bar, followed by North Carolina Woodworker Discount Cards, etc. and Klingspor. While your Klingspor is on the screen, Click on the IE File / Save As and save the file as a Webpage. You now have a document that proves you are a DQ member of NCWoodworker.net. Attach that file to an e-mail addressed to Coleman Fourshee (cfourshee @ woodworkingshop.com), the General Manager of the Woodworking Shop. Include your address and contact information in your e-mail and I'm sure you'll get their 10% discount once they have you in their computer for online purchases. This approach should apply to other DQ members as well, instate or out-of-state. Because I'm registered this way, I see the 10% discount whenever I login to their website.

HTH. Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
She was a VERY INTERESTING SPEAKER. I don't think any of us old f---s fell asleep during her presentation.

Hey, I resemble that remark :oops: :oops: :oops: I would have liked to attended that presenation but family duties got in the way. I will agree that Klingspor had a better marketing plan this time as far as I am concerned. I'll stop in for something free sooner than I'll stop in for something 50% off, and get lured by the siren's song of pretty wood anyday :lol:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I picked up my kit the other day. I spent no $ but not for lack of trying. I really wanted a bowl and tray bit but they didn't have one. Oh well.

Doug

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Went and picked up my free sanding kit yesterday and of course had to find something else to spend on. Got out for about $20.00. Nice Kit!
Terry

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I got my flier week, and went by Saturday April 14. It is a nice assortment of sanding stuff, PLUS the evied-round-the-world Klingspor pencil! I, too bought some thing while I stopped by: TS09 and Rust Remover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS