Tap and dies for wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outa Square

New User
Al
I am looking for a set of taps and dies for wood. I am wanting to make some wooden clamps, gadgets, and toys. I've never used any taps and dies for wood before, but i have used them for metal. I think because of that i am concerned about getting a set that is easy to use and easy to make threads that square to the object. Does anyone have any recommendations on brand and use?

I right now i am leaning towards these from grizzly and i figured i would order a tap and die of one size and try it out and get more as i [STRIKE]need[/STRIKE] want them.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I haven't seen any reviews on the Grizzly, but the Rockler ones I have seen a few good reviews.

They all work pretty much on the same principle from what I have read so I don't think you will go wrong with the Grizzly.

Good Luck!

Outa Square

New User
Al
After looking and reading, i think i am going to go with 3 piece set from Beall Tool company. I just need to wait till i can pull the trigger, as my wife reminded me that i said i wasn't going to buy any new tools till i finished my shop. I hope she doesn't look around the garage too much.:rotflm: Because crow doesn't taste chicken despite what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors