Swapped out fluorescents for LEDs

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have been putting this off and putting this off for years. Went to Lowe’s today and they had a 10 pack of direct wire LEDs on clearance for 80% off. Got enough to do my shop. Took me about 5 minutes at each fixture to cut the ballast out and direct wire. Wow what a difference. Why didn’t I do this sooner.

if you are thinking about swapping those fluorescents out, don’t wait. You will not regret it.

Now what to do with all those T8s.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I have been putting this off and putting this off for years. Went to Lowe’s today and they had a 10 pack of direct wire LEDs on clearance for 80% off. Got enough to do my shop. Took me about 5 minutes at each fixture to cut the ballast out and direct wire. Wow what a difference. Why didn’t I do this sooner.

if you are thinking about swapping those fluorescents out, don’t wait. You will not regret it.

Now what to do with all those T8s.

You might could use them as grow lights for garden seedlings. I haven't researched if LEDs will work for seedlings but I know fluorescents will work

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If you got full spectrum led light then yes, it will grow plants, LED's are the way to go.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Great deal (luck) on the price. Those dang things are expensive. I just made the change a few weeks ago but was not so lucky on the price. They really make a big difference.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was expecting to pay about $4 or $5 dollars per bulb. Just got lucky. The Lowe’s in Apex still had a box of 10 left yesterday

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got the direct wire, so have to cut the ballast out. 1850 lumen. Box of 10 was $14 without tax

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
When I saw the prices being paid for the led lights I was shocked. At Home Depot I paid $22/ea for 8 foot ballast free single prong tubes. I sure wish I knew what the difference is. I do not remember the lumens but I do need sun glasses.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS