Suspicious member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
A new member registered just after midnight. The user name is oshin and the name given is oshin cag. The zip code offered is 44343. I was not able to find that zip... maybe i'm using the wrong look up. Very little other information is offered in the registration.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It sure does not sit right but not sure we jump to ban/block. The zip is not valid but could be a typo. Can anyone see where they really came from IP address wise?

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Never mind. Found the IP address. It's 203.177.74.135 and that resolves to Cebo City, Philippines.

This one does NOT pass the smell test

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I deleted the user. For some reason, vbulletin gave me an error when I tried to ban the ID.

Thinking about that, it might be better to delete users instead of just banning them. The ban list is likely to grow very large, and it doesn't have any value keeping them there. To be safe, I suggest we first ban the user for a week. If it turns out the user is indeed not welcome, we move from banned to deletion. Reasonable?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
In ModCP:

Search for User
--> View Profile

In the first box, near the bottom, you'll see IP Address field.

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I deleted the user. For some reason, vbulletin gave me an error when I tried to ban the ID.

Thinking about that, it might be better to delete users instead of just banning them. The ban list is likely to grow very large, and it doesn't have any value keeping them there. To be safe, I suggest we first ban the user for a week. If it turns out the user is indeed not welcome, we move from banned to deletion. Reasonable?

+1 good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors