Suggestions to protect shed flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kommon_sense

New User
Tavaris
I have a shed that is doubling as a small workspace and potting area. The subfloor is 3/4" T&G advantech. I would like to put something over it to help protect it. I was thinking about just getting some 4/8 sheets of hardboard, or some foam underlayment and vinyl flooring.

Anyone gone down this road before or have suggestions?

Thanks

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Protect from what? How many Sq. Ft.? Do you need to be able to roll around anything?

Vinyl + sawdust or dry peatmoss = slick_slippery is easy to sweep out.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
As long as you are watering the plants outside it will be fine. My shop floor at the farm was just OSB and it was still the same after 6 years, very little sign of wear. Advantech is a far superior material.

wayne

New User
wayne
You may not want to do anything at all. The technical data about this product is pretty descriptive. The resin impregnated construction of the panels appears to impart high strength and excellent water resistance compared to OSB and ply.

http://www.huberwood.com/advantech/performance/moisture

Go to above mentioned site and and type "Can advantech be painted or sealed" in the search and a list of PDFs will display, scroll down and there will be a PDF listed telling what coating can be applied to it. Pretty much anything.

Also PDFs on what materials can be applied over it also.

Wayne

kommon_sense

New User
Tavaris
Thanks for the pointers. My main concern was making sure that the flooring lasted and didn't get destroyed over the years. I was impressed at how well the advantech handled moisture during construction. I did the framing for the shed the week of the 4th when we got torrential downpours every other day. No sign of swelling or anything.

I think that I will keep it simple for now and just place mats under things that might get messy or drip like the mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors