[Suggestion-Other] More PM Storage, pretty please

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
One little request ... we get unlimited picture storage at NCWW (a GREAT service), but my PM's are limited to 200 :cry_smile

Any chance the PM storage could me unlimited? They are like old emails to me and I hate when "delete day" becomes a reality and I have to part with so many old friends. :rolleyes:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Mr Wrangler,
Did you know that you can save you PMs as CVS or text files?

Check out the menu options at bottom of PM page if you weren't aware of the options.

Roger

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Yeah, I'm aware of the CSV option (which is nice), however I'd like to keep mine online with NCWW so I have them everywhere I go. A lot of the messages have phone numbers, email addresses and such ...

I don't bring this up to be picky, just wondered if this was a default value in the forum software that NCWW might consider increasing (just as they did the photos).

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yeah, I'm aware of the CSV option (which is nice), however I'd like to keep mine online with NCWW so I have them everywhere I go. A lot of the messages have phone numbers, email addresses and such ...

I don't bring this up to be picky, just wondered if this was a default value in the forum software that NCWW might consider increasing (just as they did the photos).
I certainly understand where you are coming from. PMs are already set much higher than the defaults. My Pm limit is set at 500 and I have to clean out my box every week or 2.:swoon:

The reason it is set to 500 is there was bug, if I set it any higher.

Anyway, the comparison to pictures does really not work. The growth rate of PMs is much higher than that of pictures. Also picture data storage is in files, while PMs are in the the Database.

At the current time, there have been almost 100,000 PMs sent through the system, but there are only 20,000 of them still in the system. Clearly, the only reason that we don't have 100k messages is becuase there are limits forcing people to prioritize and clean out their inboxes.

BTW, vBulletin requires we put in a limit and as I mentioned above, over 500 creates a bug that I can't deal with. So right now(sometime later) I will up the number to 500 for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS