[Suggestion-Classifieds] a few suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Assigned To:: Unassigned
=====================================
Anyway to --->

* Link recent ads or quick replies to ads into today's posts?
* Change contact seller to a PM instead of an email address? my spam filter works a little to well...
* Make it easier for people to reply to an ad (group purchases / multi item friendly)?
* Associate a thread with an ad so when it vanishes off the main view of 12, folks still know it's available?

Thanks

J

jeff...

Just noticed my email provider threw-up this message. I won't be able to check email for a while now.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Monty

New User
Monty
* Link recent ads or quick replies to ads into today's posts?
There is no way to do this with the classifieds plugin we're using. That's why we have the featured block on the home page.

* Change contact seller to a PM instead of an email address? my spam filter works a little to well...
If you can't receive emails from ncwoodworker.net - you definitely need to fix that. That's how you receive notifications about PM's, subscribed threads, as well as classifieds. As far as I know, there is not an option for using PMs for classifieds at this time.

* Make it easier for people to reply to an ad (group purchases / multi item friendly)?
If you mean - how can you split up a big item among different buyers... I guess you would have to update the remaining amount available as necessary. I don't know of any other way to do it.

* Associate a thread with an ad so when it vanishes off the main view of 12, folks still know it's available?
There is no thread associated with the ads that are posted. I know of no way to "bump" the ads.

These are all good questions/issues that you're raising. Although I don't have the solution for you, we may be able to fix some things here and there to make it better/more user-friendly. Thanks for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS